Is this wrong?

• Is this wrong?

I just broke up with my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago and now i want to ask one of her friends out. Problem is that my brother also likes her and has for a while, he just never done anything about it...

Would it be wrong to ask her out? Im sort of worried about what my brother would do and if she would just assume im doing it to get back at my ex...
      Anyone else been in a simular situation that can give some advice? :)
    • Re: Is this wrong?

Maybe ask ur brother if he still likes her and just tell him that you are want to ask her out and see how he reacts. If he didnt asked her out yet then i would say you should give it a try, you cant keep waiting for your brother.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

black.star wrote:

Maybe ask ur brother if he still likes her and just tell him that you are want to ask her out and see how he reacts. If he didnt asked her out yet then i would say you should give it a try, you cant keep waiting for your brother.

He does still like her. My friends keep asking him for some reason...
      I have no idea how he will react, but your right. I cant just wait for him.

Going to give it a couple of weeks though. Will just seem as if im trying to get back at my ex otherwise.

Yah I've been in a similar situation. I used to date this one guy and his best friend had a crush on me. Me and the guy broke up and a week later the best friend asked me out. They were awkward for a while, but whatever happens, it was really between those two duking it out. Same thing goes for your ex's friend. She's gonna have to duke it out with your ex if things get awkward, but it'll all work out. In the mean time, definitely give your bro a heads up.

I would tell your brother straight up about it, I was in the situation but as the girl... I liked one guy who was my friends x & his brother was in love with me... Me&the one i liked dated for awhile secretly but when his brother found out he tripped & now they don't have the same brotherly bond... & they lost it for a relationship that didn't even last...
      So just be upfront & tell him that you like her & are going to pursue her...
      & I agree you should wait a few more weeks before you make a do you want to be my girlfriend question... let things cool down, & make it seem like you needed time to move on.

I doubt il tell him, it might just come to nothing in the end anyway... I can tell he knows i like her anyway.
      I told her im over my last relashionship, which i sort of am because after my ex left me she got all her friends to call me and generally tried her best to piss me off (like waisting my time telling me to come talk to her and her not even being there).