Jealous...

• My boyfriend and I broke up a few months ago and for the past month we've been having this thing. It's not a friends-with-benefits thing, it's just that we still treat each other like were together, and I honestly wish I could get back together with him. The one thing that holds me back is what he did to me that made me break up with him. At the time he had befriended this girl, which I felt was a threat to our relationship and she has a bad rep of getting around and playing with boys. We were going through a rut at the time with many problems and arguments and I told him it wasn't a good idea to be friends with her especially when I heard she had the intention of fooling around with him for no reason. He didn't believe me and in the end put her over me. Since then I've built up a wall and put my guard up. Since then, we have mended some of the issues within that problem, but sometimes we do rehash that awful memory as were fighting or having a dispute over something relationship related. Homecoming is coming up and I was forced to go with someone under certain circumstances. My guy, now, is asking this girl that he's starting to get interested in, or so I think he is and I'm scared. We still treat the kind of relationship we have as a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, so it means a lot to me. He tell me he loves me and that she means nothing and that nothing will happen, but I can't believe that. Ever since our break up its been hard for me to trust him and I just can't do it. Am I just supposed to be okay with it and let him go with her? It makes me so upset, because I'm honestly just scared of a repeat of what happened and I really don't want that. Someone please help me to cope or find a solution to the problem. I really love him, and I WISH he could see how upset it makes me, but he really wants to go to homecoming which is understandable and I feel like I'm being selfish and unfair, considering the fact I'm going with someone as well. :/

The post was edited 1 time, last by jess N. ().

• Re: Jealous...

Honestly if he chose another girl over you unless they have been best friends for quite a few years, I would move on...
      He apparently is trying too and is getting more enjoyment that he still gets to have that "history" with you to fall back upon but he has a fancy new toy...
      If he wanted to be with you he would be with you he wouldn't be taking another girl to the homecoming dance if he wanted to be with you.
      Now I'm not trying to be a bitch it's just I'm rather blunt to the point with my opinions lol... Which I guess you can call me a bitch. But what you two are doing are hurting each other....
      After the dance or w.e make him meet up and talk about you two and if you have a near future together or not. If he says he doesn't see it than move on....
      There are so many more guys out there and one who is waiting to find you. But if he can see a future where you guys are together in the next few days or week than I would wait... but since it's been a few months and he hasn't came back I don't think he's going too. You deserve better so I think you should tell him what's up and move on with yoru life

The post was edited 1 time, last by laney: FUCKING CYAN COLOR ().

My guess is this started because you didn't trust him, just because someone is friends with another person who has the intent of fooling around with the former doesn't mean they're going to fool around. My best guess is to just talk to him face to face about how you're feeling, and if the conversation starts to get heated, don't add to the heat, keep a cool head and it should be enlightening. I can't say if anything can be salvaged between you two, but it doesn't mean nothing can be salvaged. Sometimes literately the best thing to do is to just say how you feel.

It happens to me too. Once I had this ex-boyfried of mine who actually two-timer me at the same time. Weird thing is he went to tell me of it and saying he's regretful and is now trying to break up with that girl.. hope that I would not mind.

Of course, I already guarded against him. How can I trust him.. and so I initiated break. and guess what? he got back with that girl.. Months later.. suddenly he start to ask me out again saying that he couldn't get over me.

How bad is this. I guess I will never forgive him..