Terrible day...

• Re: Terrible day...

Well my first impression of your post is that you're just having a hormonal mood swing. It should pass soon, it's quite common for teenagers to have, but if it isn't a mood swing, and rather depression, there are a couple of ways that you can move past it.

So, I've been depressed for a huge chunk of my life for various reasons but I've never done self harm, and obviously, I've never killed myself. I've found there are three ways you can go about depression. The first one is the most commonly one done, self harm. You shouldn't do this as it doesn't actually make you feel better, just makes a different part of you feel worse.

The second one which I did for a long time was to just live out the depression, eventually, it will stop, life will get better and that'd be that.

The third option is what I've started to do, which is you got to try to find comedy in tragedy. Make a joke of everything, even if the jokes are terrible. Making a joke of something is the best way to move past it and you'll find that it will take your mind off the depression.

Another good thing to do is to just keeping thinking that if stuff really is bad, it can only get better.
    • Re: Terrible day...

ImJaded wrote:

Well my first impression of your post is that you're just having a hormonal mood swing. It should pass soon, it's quite common for teenagers to have, but if it isn't a mood swing, and rather depression, there are a couple of ways that you can move past it.

So, I've been depressed for a huge chunk of my life for various reasons but I've never done self harm, and obviously, I've never killed myself. I've found there are three ways you can go about depression. The first one is the most commonly one done, self harm. You shouldn't do this as it doesn't actually make you feel better, just makes a different part of you feel worse.

The second one which I did for a long time was to just live out the depression, eventually, it will stop, life will get better and that'd be that.

The third option is what I've started to do, which is you got to try to find comedy in tragedy. Make a joke of everything, even if the jokes are terrible. Making a joke of something is the best way to move past it and you'll find that it will take your mind off the depression.

Another good thing to do is to just keeping thinking that if stuff really is bad, it can only get better.

That's really good advice, I think that will help me get through this, thanks!