Self Harm, even if I'm not really depressed? What?

• Self Harm, even if I'm not really depressed? What?

So sometime last year I got really depressed... I broke up with my boyfriend and wasn't getting the best grades in school... Some friends of mine sort of betrayed me and my parents were fighting... There were a lot of other reasons that I don't really feel like sharing, but you get the point.

Shortly after a very bad fight with my mother I started cutting. Just a few small ones on my hips so no one would see. I remember it feeling really good, sort of a release almost.

Eventually the small cuts wouldn't help anymore, they weren't enough so I started cutting larger areas that were more risky. I started cutting my wrists but I was careful not to let anyone see. I would wear long sleeves and lots of bracelets. One of my friends noticed and she confronted me about it.

Anyway, long story short she convinced me to stop... I was at a happier point in my life then so it wasn't so hard... I went a few months without harming myself then had a relapse....

Shortly after the relapse I decided to stop again I was clean ever since. But one thing that sort of freaks me out is whenever I'm feeling down or really tired my wrists will ache where the scars are. Like literally ache sort of like a muscle cramp but on the skin. Its super weird. I was just wondering, does anyone else who has stopped cutting have these strange pains too? Is it all in my head? Is it maybe some sort of nerve dammage that I caused? I don't remember having this feeling before my last relapse, but rather, ever since then, why? :confused:
    • Re: Self Harm, even if I'm not really depressed? What?

^ i second that notion

also, carry chocolate with you at all times. like, an "emergency stash". when you cut, you feel pain, and to soothe that pain, your body releases dopamine, which is what brings the calm and soothing feeling. same thing happens when you eat chocolate or have sex. now becoming a nympho wouldn't be the best idea, so i suggest you carry some chocolate with you, and eat it when you feel like cutting. also, try masturbating more often, it'll keep the stress off.

PS, <3 P!ATD :P

~hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
      Welcome to the world; welcome to the biggest Mindfuck of your life
    • Re: Self Harm, even if I'm not really depressed? What?

bored..

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

theunknownwonder wrote:

^ i second that notion

also, carry chocolate with you at all times. like, an "emergency stash". when you cut, you feel pain, and to soothe that pain, your body releases dopamine, which is what brings the calm and soothing feeling. same thing happens when you eat chocolate or have sex. now becoming a nympho wouldn't be the best idea, so i suggest you carry some chocolate with you, and eat it when you feel like cutting. also, try masturbating more often, it'll keep the stress off.

PS, <3 P!ATD :P

~hold your head high, and your middle finger higher

just bumping my post count yall :P