Modelling

• In May of this year, I received an e-mail from the Wales' biggest modelling agency after applying a couple weeks before. My mum was looking up modelling agencies and said 'aw just go for it!' so I did and thought they wouldn't reply. I sent my height, my age and a picture and they say if they don't reply within 24 hours, they're not interested. They get thousands of applicants. Well I recieved and e-mail a couple weeks after and I was really excited and they invited me to this modelling day. Basically, you pay £70 and you get a photo shoot, model training and one on one tuition. If they feel you have potential they will sign you up and help you get work all over the country. I was e-mailing them back and forth and then one day, they stopped replying. I'm not fussed on modelling, I've never wanted a career in modelling as it's quite difficult so I wasn't that bothered. But yesterday, 6 months later, I got another e-mail from them, telling me when their next modelling day will be and the price has risen to £99. I have checked and everything and they're an official modelling agency with a few sites and they have success stories of people my age getting far in modelling because of them. They have the history of it and everything. They have pictures of their newest models and they have links with some of the biggest agencies in the world. I believe if it was some way to get you to give them money, they would charge a lot more and they wouldn't have the address on their sites as well. I know what's a scam and what isn't and I can see this isn't. I know where they are based so I could probably pop in one day. I would never hand over money unless I knew it was the real deal and they haven't asked for money, they just asked for an address to send me the application form.
      But the thing is, I don't know if I should do it or not. It may give me a lot of confidence and I also get a photo shoot in the end. I'm just annoyed that they didn't message me back for months and then all of a sudden, the price has gone up. My mum thinks it's okay though too. She said prices go up a lot nowadays.
      Do you think I should just go for it, get a photo shoot, get confidence and have the possibility of getting a career or just leave it?
      [CENTER]Ask me a question[/CENTER]

la rubia loca wrote:

what is prolapse?
      is it like pro life?
    • Re: Modelling

I wouldn't bother with paying tbh, they will get as many girls as possible to pay up and promise them paid work, not many will actually get paid work.

Everyone and their dog is giving modelling a shot, it's a very underpaid job now unless you somehow become huge, and unless you know people in high places the odds are against you.

I would say if youve got £100 that you dont mid losing then go for it, it may get you somewhere.

but i do agree with Dexter its super competitive at the moment in the modelling world, i know quite a few very good looking girls who have tried the route, and they all did get some work i will freely admit but it wasnt necessarily the type of stuff they wanted, mostly bikini/topless modelling.

I know. I'm just annoyed it's become more expensive now. :\ I'm saving for a car so I don't know if I should pay £100 towards something that may not be very rewarding. I'm not really interested in modelling either tbh. I know it's competitive, hard and very rare to get anywhere with it unless you're odd looking or perfect.
      Others say it's worth it because they became more confident, met people and got a photo shoot. I think I'd be useless as I can be quite shy sometimes, other days I can be very confident. There may be a lot of snobby girls there too which I'd prefer to avoid.. gahh I dunno. :\

la rubia loca wrote:

what is prolapse?
      is it like pro life?

Hann. wrote:

In May of this year, I received an e-mail from the Wales' biggest modelling agency after applying a couple weeks before. My mum was looking up modelling agencies and said 'aw just go for it!' so I did and thought they wouldn't reply. I sent my height, my age and a picture and they say if they don't reply within 24 hours, they're not interested. They get thousands of applicants. Well I recieved and e-mail a couple weeks after and I was really excited and they invited me to this modelling day. Basically, you pay £70 and you get a photo shoot, model training and one on one tuition. If they feel you have potential they will sign you up and help you get work all over the country. I was e-mailing them back and forth and then one day, they stopped replying. I'm not fussed on modelling, I've never wanted a career in modelling as it's quite difficult so I wasn't that bothered. But yesterday, 6 months later, I got another e-mail from them, telling me when their next modelling day will be and the price has risen to £99. I have checked and everything and they're an official modelling agency with a few sites and they have success stories of people my age getting far in modelling because of them. They have the history of it and everything. They have pictures of their newest models and they have links with some of the biggest agencies in the world. I believe if it was some way to get you to give them money, they would charge a lot more and they wouldn't have the address on their sites as well. I know what's a scam and what isn't and I can see this isn't. I know where they are based so I could probably pop in one day. I would never hand over money unless I knew it was the real deal and they haven't asked for money, they just asked for an address to send me the application form.

Hann. wrote:

But the thing is, I don't know if I should do it or not. It may give me a lot of confidence and I also get a photo shoot in the end. I'm just annoyed that they didn't message me back for months and then all of a sudden, the price has gone up. My mum thinks it's okay though too. She said prices go up a lot nowadays.
      Do you think I should just go for it, get a photo shoot, get confidence and have the possibility of getting a career or just leave it?

suggest just getting confidence and come live with me... im rich you know?

Hannah, you just have to learn to ignore certain people here, many are just here to put others down. I think you'd make a great model. Just a side note, model's don't even have to be physically pretty (you are, I'm just saying) they just have to be photogenic, and look good in clothes.

Dexter. wrote:

A modelling agency did contact me quite recently, they told me to stop sending them nudes or they will take legal action.

:(

youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

Quite honestly, the modeling industry isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I modeled when I was a kid, if that even counts, and have modeled sporadically over the years as a petite teen model. Just really small stuff, but it was enough to learn that only a ridiculously small percentage of models actually gain recognition and are successful. I would save the money if I were you. Most companies that are reputable don't solicit models, models solicit them. Not discrediting this company entirely, but usually having to pay for something amounts to it not being as good as it sounds.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!

musicaddicted wrote:

Quite honestly, the modeling industry isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I modeled when I was a kid, if that even counts, and have modeled sporadically over the years as a petite teen model. Just really small stuff, but it was enough to learn that only a ridiculously small percentage of models actually gain recognition and are successful. I would save the money if I were you. Most companies that are reputable don't solicit models, models solicit them. Not discrediting this company entirely, but usually having to pay for something amounts to it not being as good as it sounds.

Exactly. You pay for the modelling day, it's like a training day, not like paying to get into the company :)

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Thank-you Bhenji. I know, some models are really weird looking :S though it makes you think you're better looking than them when they're really ugly. I really don't get what model agencies are looking for nowadays! They usually have to be stick thin but I'm a healthy weight with curves. I would never lose weight to get somewhere in a modelling agency! It's pointless and terrible. Some photographers/modeling agencies can be quite harsh.

la rubia loca wrote:

what is prolapse?
      is it like pro life?

Hann. wrote:

Thank-you Bhenji. I know, some models are really weird looking :S though it makes you think you're better looking than them when they're really ugly. I really don't get what model agencies are looking for nowadays! They usually have to be stick thin but I'm a healthy weight with curves. I would never lose weight to get somewhere in a modelling agency! It's pointless and terrible. Some photographers/modeling agencies can be quite harsh.

Exactly. The photographers really don't hold back with the criticism, but you just have to stand there and take it. I'm not totally sure but for guys they want tall, thin, good ab muscles, strong facial features. For girls they want tall as well (not as tall though), thin, and curves is a good bonus!