Loneliness.

• Loneliness.

Hello peeps. I am a teenage male sophomore who has been homeschooled in the entirety of my life. Before I continue, please let me affirm that I by no means am delusional that homeschooling is catastrophic to one's scholastic activities or social life. I have greatly enjoyed the entirety of all my years of homeschooling as (in the last two years) I have had a classical education that has permitted me to pursue various activities that I love (such as Spanish, world history, the arts) and I greatly appreciate the financial and time-related sacrifices that my awesome parents have made to ensure I receive a good education. I suppose that the "question" I am leading up to is ridiculous because I am the "model" of what many would consider to be a happy homeschooler (activity wise). I'm the best junior varsity runner on my XC team that I participate in, I finished last year with all A's in my subjects, I even occasionally play ultimate with a group of people on Saturdays. I suppose my complaint of loneliness sounds ridiculous. But, nevertheless, I feel it (and yes, I am completely open to the criticism that I may very well be participating in a pity party with myself). With all these activities, I have about, say, one close friend that I can freely invite over to hangout (although, this is slightly difficult). I have discussed this loneliness with my dad before and he has given good advice; to become involved in more activities. Unfortunately, my attempt to join a certain basketball team failed due to my grade level (too high a grade to participate in the team) and generally, boy scouts is unavailable to us due to schedule conflicts and other issues) and next year I doubt XC will become available. I do not know anyone other than my best friend in my chemistry class although granted that it is not an especially social setting. I do not live in a community either, so going to the community basketball court isn't an option. I was involved in a Co-Op last year, but this no longer will be available. Ultimate Frisbee is a fun activity that I enjoy, but most people there are affiliates of my church that I love but unfortunately, revolve around scouts which they mostly are active in. So, forgive me for all of this ridiculous rant but my question is a request for advice on how to get into a more social setting; yes, even if this means the preposterous idea of somehow switching to a private school. Basically, homeschooling has seemingly degenerated to a social boredom for me; I would like to have a scholastic setting in which I can literally be in a setting surrounded by other people my age (granted, it will not necessarily miraculously cure my shyness of quietness) but I will be able to enjoy scholastic activities among other teens (which, though unsocial, I have enjoyed chemistry because of the simple reason of being surrounded by people). So, I hope you understand what I feel. I am probably a jerk for acting so unappreciative of my parents' given education but I would appreciate any advice on what to do. Thank you.