Amanda Todd Memorial

• Re: Amanda Todd Memorial

Ah I see :P Cool, what grade are you in then? Or did you grad 2012 or what? :P
      And did you go to MD? (getting clarification lol)

I legit only went to MD in the first place for football. I set a record for fastest 40 yrd sprint time, beating AA (Alex Anthony, dunno if you know who that is, he was grade 12 when I was grade 9)
      4.40, but ofc this year it was broken, knew it would be, by Marcus. Sad news =[ I held the record for a year at least.. Only accomplishment in football before quitting on my senior year..
      Oh how that was an awful year for me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Refraze ().

meg.loomis wrote:

Nope, grad 2013! :D no I'm not at MD, would prefer not to say in the open forum which school I'm at though. I worked with a girl who goes to MD. If you pm me I'll say which school I'm at haha.

"meg.loomis has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove meg.loomis from the recipient list and send the message again."

Got skype or something? (I don't really use facebook, but I can reactivate my account if you wanna talk on that instead)

If you do, I'll tell you my information so you can add me. Being a guy, not too worried about some 40 yr old stalking me.. But for you ofc, wouldn't want that to happen..

Or do you want me to send a message via email option or something, cause I cant PM you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Refraze ().

Refraze wrote:

Lol. What are the chances of meeting someone on here from same city..
      Same age (1 year difference) too.. thats pretty ridiculous.

meg.loomis wrote:

Ish is jelly. :wink:

lololololololololololololololololololololol

no.

Matt;1062946634 wrote:

Future applications will be when we believe we require mods are required.

Intermission wrote:

Tbh, many people commit suicide over bullying, the same happened to them. Why should we focus on one girl instead of others?

This is about stopping bullying, not just feeling sorry for one girl.
      ~150 people went to this where I live.

Living in BC, thats why there are memorials here. Because she was from another city in BC.

There is no sole focus, Amanda has just caused a lot more awareness than there was before. Which is a good thing, and shouldn't be looked down upon so often.

Refraze wrote:

This is about stopping bullying, not just feeling sorry for one girl.
      ~150 people went to this where I live.

Living in BC, thats why there are memorials here. Because she was from another city in BC.

There is no sole focus, Amanda has just caused a lot more awareness than there was before. Which is a good thing, and shouldn't be looked down upon so often.

Not really. A lot of the attention is negative.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Opinion on this, is millions of teenagers and young adults have
      killed themselves before her, she wasn't the first person to take her
      life because of bullying and she won't be the last.

I don't know the whole story, but I just think it's ridiculous
      that everyone is posting status and creating facebook pages
      for her when there have been so many others killed because of this.

Where's the page for the girl who took her life because she gets
      made fun of everyday for not wearing the ''right clothes''.

Or the guy
      that has no friends so he sits at lunch by himself everyday. The girl
      who cuts herself because when she gets home she feels like she has
      nobody.

Where are their facebook pages?

What I've heard is that she was talking to some guy online and
      he told her to show her breasts and she did and that guy spread
      it online. Why would was she talking to someone she didn't know
      in the first place?

I don't understand why she is getting so much attention when
      there are people that actually deserve it. If she wasn't pretty
      odds are it wouldn't be such a big deal :nono:

here's the thing... she's young and "unaware", and so she goes online and is convinced by some random guy to flash, she does it and gets bullied for it and has to change schools multiple times... kind of her "first offense" and is understandable to some degree.

then, with this experience under her wing, she decides that it would be a good idea to have sex with another girl's boyfriend. that, really, is just asking for it... i personally have no sympathy for this girl specifically for this reason; she didn't learn her lesson when it slapped her in the face, she wasn't gonna learn...

but however, that doesn't mean that what was done to her is right. i think this should be a great eye opener about what our world has become; a tangled web of media that is interconnected everywhere, and doing something at ground zero will be rippled over the whole network. things are no longer the way they used to be; if you messed up, you could move away and start over. but with today's world, there is no such thing as "move away and start over" unless you're willing to drop off the grid and then come back years later with a totally different identity... our greatest gift of communication is also our greatest poison. and i believe this shows just how great the teachers are; i mean, if the bullying really was as bad as they say it was, then the teachers should've seen this long ago, and if these so-called "responsible adults" were unable to stop the bullying then what power do they really have. where was the principal when this was happening? where were the expulsion letters that should've been getting mailed home to these bullies.

TL;DR, no sympathy towards the girl, but we need to change how we operate in society; those responsible for bullying and not stopping the bullying should be held accountable
      Welcome to the world; welcome to the biggest Mindfuck of your life

The post was edited 1 time, last by theunknownwonder ().