Feeling like a disappointment...

• Feeling like a disappointment...

My parents are all about my brothers and sister. If I ask for something they get mad because my brother needs this or my sister wants that and why can't I just wait until THEY ask me if I want something like this brother. If my little brother starts bothering me and I tell him to stop, my mom and dad yell at ME for starting the whole thing or for being a cry baby. My sister is a single parent who abuses her kid and whines to my mom and dad when she feels like she's not getting attention. My brothers are as follows; one is a convict who makes up stories to get attention or money, another is a sailor for the Navy and gets his attention by just being their pride and joy, and my little brother gets all the attention he wants because he's going to be a computer programmer. It just seems like the minute I told them I wanted to travelt he world to take pictures of animals and the environment and to be an environmentalist, they decided that I wasn't part of the family anymore. I do everything wrong. If I play in a soccer game and score the winning goal, they complain that I wasn't FAST enough. If I sing in choir, they say I was off pitch. If I do the dishes, I leave spots on them. If I vaccum, I dont get ALL of the fuzz off the carpet. If I get above a B on my report card, its not an A. I just want to stop disappointing my parents and I want them to love me the same way they love my siblings...
      [SIZE=4]Friendship is Magic :heather:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.[/SIZE]
    • Re: Feeling like a disappointment...

My parents are the same way, so I can kind of relate. Just focus on ignoring their expectations and do things for yourself. Eventually, they will mature enough to see how valuable you are and learn to love you for who you rather than what you do.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!
    • Re: Feeling like a disappointment...

It's horrible feeling like you're never good enough. I've always felt ths way with my dad always watching me for things to critique, but I'm an only child so it must be even harder for you being compared to your other siblings. Perhaps they don't realise the way they are making you feel. Perhaps they feel like you are more capable than your other siblings so they can challenge you more. Are you the oldest sibling or one of the middle ones? Regardless, if it's making you feel like shit I think you need to talk to them about it. It may well be a difficult conversation, or it might make them wake up and realise it's making you unhappy.