How come black and latino people commit more crime than white people?

• Re: How come black and latino people commit more crime than white people?

This is why racial profiling shouldn't be illegal. If an employer gets a white guy and a black guy with equal credentials, he has a right to look at the statistics and say that the black guy is more likely to cause some sort of trouble and hire the white guy.
      - Ghukek

Saradactyl wrote:

Waitwut. New Orleans isn't on that list? I am shocked.
      They weight all crimes, I think. Whereas New Orleans ranks high on the murder per capita rate, you're not as likely to get stabbed or raped there probably. :lol:

Evola wrote:

Why is the sky blue?

I suppose it just is.

Actually the sky is blue because of rayleigh scattering you dumb faggot.

Ari Gold wrote:

They weight all crimes, I think. Whereas New Orleans ranks high on the murder per capita rate, you're not as likely to get stabbed or raped there probably. :lol:

Actually the sky is blue because of rayleigh scattering you dumb faggot.

Mad google skills, brah. Now instead of asking this deliberately inflammatory question on a teen forum and wacking your wiener why don't you read up on the genetics vs. environment debate, genius? :rolleyes:

Evola wrote:

Mad google skills, brah. Now instead of asking this deliberately inflammatory question on a teen forum and wacking your wiener why don't you read up on the genetics vs. environment debate, genius? :rolleyes:

>he knew something I didn't know, so he must've googled it

evola pls

And I'm already pretty well read up on that. Why would you assume I wouldn't be, as you yourself acknowledged that my post was intentionally inflammatory?

It could just be a coincidence that 4/10 of these cities are also on the list of 10 large cities with the highest percentage of low income residents (of any color) (Detroit being number 1, Cleveland being number 2 Buffalo being number 3 and Memphis being number 7)...

List of the poorest places in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then also factor in that NONE of these cities have a percentage of low income residents that is lower than 15 percent and only 1 of those cities goes below 19%

Milwaukee 21.7
      Stockton 16.4
      Baltimore 19.3
      Atlanta 22.2
      Birmingham 24.7
      Oakland 19.4

There's always been a correlation between poverty and crime.
      This is just stuff you have to factor into your analysis of the facts.
      [SIZE="2"][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Chuck Finster wrote:

It could just be a coincidence that 4/10 of these cities are also on the list of 10 large cities with the highest percentage of low income residents (of any color) (Detroit being number 1, Cleveland being number 2 Buffalo being number 3 and Memphis being number 7)...

List of the poorest places in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then also factor in that NONE of these cities have a percentage of low income residents that is lower than 15 percent and only 1 of those cities goes below 19%

Milwaukee 21.7
      Stockton 16.4
      Baltimore 19.3
      Atlanta 22.2
      Birmingham 24.7
      Oakland 19.4

There's always been a correlation between poverty and crime.
      This is just stuff you have to factor into your analysis of the facts.

Well, of course. But there's obviously other factors, or else the list of crimes and poverty would perfectly match up. :P

Well obviously.

But the top 10 cities with the biggest crime rates don't match up with the top 10 cities with most blacks/latinos either.

Of the cities with the largest black populations (the magic number) 4 of the top 10 (Detroit being number 1, Birmingham being number 4, Baltimore being number 5, and Memphis being number 6) were on both lists.
      Of the cities with the largest hispanic populations 0 of the top 10 were on both lists.

So I guess the real question here is why are there so many poor black people in Urban areas and how can that be changed (i.e. better schools, investment in Urban development, possibly even a minimum wage hike to name a few possibilities)?

You could say "Oh well they're all just lazy" but I'd argue that they weren't born that way.

I'd agree, so more after school programs (better schools doesn't strictly involve education) and safe places (aka investments in urban development) for kids to go instead of joining gangs or sitting at home and becoming lazy sounds like a good place to start. Nowhere did I say "Give them better schools and everything will be allllll betttttter". Like I said those were just possibilities.

Chuck Finster wrote:

You could say "Oh well they're all just lazy" but I'd argue that they weren't born that way.

I'd argue that as well. However, growing up in one of the previously mentioned cities, I will say there's absolutely a difference between the aspirations and work ethics of white people and black people. Most of my black friends growing up had unreasonable expectations about what they were going to do with their life (play in the NBA was the big one), and I think that translates into a lax attitude towards school or working in general.

My long standing belief is that the black community has never really had positive role models in the public, and things will likely start to change (at least slightly) now that there's been a black president.

Thoughts?

Ari Gold wrote:

My long standing belief is that the black community has never really had positive role models in the public, and things will likely start to change (at least slightly) now that there's been a black president.

Thoughts?

I agree whole heartedly.

We must remember that racial equality is a relatively new idea. There will come a time when nobody thinks about race and that will then be the time when there is no disproportion in crime rates between different races. But as long as people cling to their imaginary identities and believe in their mind that a black person is different to a white person then this won't happen. I'd like to think I'll live long enough to see that day when the only race people in the civilized world comprehend is the human race, when people see another person as having different features to them, rather than seeing them as black, white, or some other classification that draws up preconceived thoughts, but I have my doubts I will.

Hann. wrote:

Maybe it's because there are more black people in this world? Who knows? Who cares? xD

Considering they only make up about 14% of the worlds population, I don't think so.

African American Demographics, Population, Incomes, Veterans, Education, Voting | Infoplease.com
      [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/pmdngNh.gif]

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling