So I started cutting again...

• So I started cutting again...

After over half a year of beating down the urge, I did it again. Please don't try and tell me to stop, I'm getting help from a doctor.
      I do not do it for fun, I do it because, to me it's the most effective way of relieving pain.
      The reason I post this is because I don't want to end up in hospital with some nasty infection. Only because the guilt on my families faces would rip me apart.
      So, in order to prevent that, can someone suggest ways to carry out self harm safely?
      Yes I know this is a fucked up post.
    • Re: So I started cutting again...

There's other ways to relieve the pain y'know.

I started cutting again recently myself and at one point did it so deep I passed out (not sure if from the sight or loss of so much blood) and pretty much vowed to never do it again.

Don't you have other means of keeping you busy?
      I sometimes scratch myself instead of cutting, weird but it doesn't leave marks and it can be just as painful.
      [CENTER]Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort.
      ~Note~
      I forgot about this, I'll be around as much as possible from now on <3
      [/CENTER]

P0k3m0n wrote:

There's other ways to relieve the pain y'know.

I started cutting again recently myself and at one point did it so deep I passed out (not sure if from the sight or loss of so much blood) and pretty much vowed to never do it again.

Don't you have other means of keeping you busy?
      I sometimes scratch myself instead of cutting, weird but it doesn't leave marks and it can be just as painful.

I listen to music, draw, and write, but these frustrate me after a little while :|

As for cutting, I never go very deep, just enough to draw a little blood, I just don't want to get an infection or something from my blade.

Do you know what's causing the urges? Or just depression?

I'm glad you're going to your doctor though, that's really brave because I never would D:

I saw these jar things filled with glitter once, apparently they're meant to help? I'm not sure you may have to google it D:
      [CENTER]Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort.
      ~Note~
      I forgot about this, I'll be around as much as possible from now on <3
      [/CENTER]

P0k3m0n wrote:

Do you know what's causing the urges? Or just depression?

I'm glad you're going to your doctor though, that's really brave because I never would D:

I saw these jar things filled with glitter once, apparently they're meant to help? I'm not sure you may have to google it D:

I have really severe depression, have done for the last two years.

And thank you

You need to try to find some interests that will keep you busy, hang out with friends, play a game, listen music.. anything you like to do.

And ive read something about the butterfly project too, maybe you know this?, draw a butterfly on wherever you cut and name it to comeone you care about so you dont want to cut the person you care about. something like that.. you can always google that too ofcourse.

And well your getting help already you said, so just try to keep talking about whatever triggers you to do that to yourself and meanwhile try to keep yourself busy.

Hope it will work out for you
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      &#9734;[/CENTER]