My ex is confusing me.

• My ex is confusing me.

Basically, the day I slept with my friend, my ex asked me and worked it out for himself and so I ended up just admitting it to him. This resulted in him going nuts, telling me to leave him alone, he called me a slag, he said I was scum of the earth, he said I was no longer the girl he wanted any more, I was just like the rest as he said and wanted nothing to do with me. So after trying to calm him down, it didn't work, I gave up and just said "even though we may never be together in the end, I'm glad you were in my life at one point. Goodbye."

A few days later, I messaged him again asking if he had chilled out a bit. He replied by sending me the link to the video 'The Forgotten by Green Day'. I asked him why he sent me that but he didn't say why. I was a bit confused by what he meant by it because it's called the forgotten, which could mean that I am the forgotten now. But in the lyrics it said 'Don't let go of love, Don't let go of yesterday, Don't let go of the memories' etc. So I thought maybe he doesn't want me to let go or something? Again, he was just blunt with me and told me to leave him alone so I did.

A few more days later, I sent him the link to the song 'Time by Chase & Status' because the lyrics were kind of showing how I felt. He replied with 'cool.' and I didn't reply. But then a couple of hours later, he asked me how work was. So I told him and told him about my day and he spoke to me normally. We were speaking quite well to each other and having a decent chat and then I was thinking 'what's he playing at? He hated my guts not long ago.'
      I asked him about the girl he was seeing and he said 'which one? lol' then said 'nah I'm not seeing anyone.' I said 'what about the girl you kissed?' and he said 'which one? lol' again.. Then he said 'stop asking deep meaningful questions, you're just going to hurt yourself.' He kept changing the subject all the time if I asked about anything in the past.

So we've been speaking kind of talking for a couple days now and he even texted me whilst I was at work asking what I was doing. Then he asked me if I wanted to meet up sometime because they're getting those hot dog stands out again.
      He keeps saying to me 'Just move on.' 'The past is the past, let go.' 'You're making a meal out of it. Stop over thinking'. He gets irritated if I ask questions about us or the past and just wants to speak like normal. He takes ages to reply if I ask something like 'I thought you hated me?' or 'so you want to be friends again?'.

I don't know what he wants. I think it's quite soon to want to meet up, especially after him finding out about my mistake which seemed to break his heart. I don't know if he just wants to be friends, if he wants it to lead to more eventually or he's trying to start afresh and for us to act like nothing happened between us in the past. I kind of feel like he's up to something too; like trying to get me close to him again so I'll be more vulnerable if he gets a girlfriend or sees a girl. Which I don't think would be a problem any way; I've kind of distanced myself from him now and I feel like I keep everyone away from me at arms length after him.

Sorry it's so long.
      [CENTER]Ask me a question[/CENTER]

la rubia loca wrote:

what is prolapse?
      is it like pro life?
    • Re: My ex is confusing me.

I'd understand like a week or day after, not a month after an on and off relationship near the end. It was neither planned.. it was unexpected and against my morals and it's something I wish I didn't do. You're going to hold that against me or something?
      [CENTER]Ask me a question[/CENTER]

la rubia loca wrote:

what is prolapse?
      is it like pro life?
    • Re: My ex is confusing me.

Okay. Obvs you were in the wrong, and your ex must have been pretty heartbroken. Hard to tell but it sounds to me like he's trying to mess you around to show you what it feels like, y'know. I know how you feel and all though you do seem like the bad guy in this, everyone makes mistakes, I've been in similar situations and I know how hard it is when everyone seems to think you're the enemy