So, I like this guy...

• So, I like this guy...

Well basically I'm a 16 year old girl and recently (1 year-ish ago) a new boy moved to my school. We quickly became really good friends, and long story cut short, I really like him.

Now, I don't know how to tell him this, or even if I should tell him this. We've been out together with friends, and out together on our own, round each others houses, to lunch in town. But I think all of this was just in a friends-y kind of way.

I just need some-one to tell me if I'm grasping at straws here, or if I may just have to go for it and tell him. :)
    • Re: So, I like this guy...

You are in luck! I don't think you're grasping at straws... If you two have been hanging out as much as you say you have, it's gonna be rather easy to let him know how you feel. It can be difficult for teens to express feelings because we don't have a lot of experience doing so.

I'm a guy, so I'll just say how I would feel most comfortable with a girl telling me she likes me. I imagine it being a Saturday, she and I just went to the movies... we are walking back to the car and she says "I really enjoy spending time with you". That's perhaps the most subtle and easiest-on-the-ears way to tell someone you like them. I don't know how he would reply, but if he likes you back he will probably acknowledge that statement and say something back. Probably "me too" or something along those lines.

After that I suggest just going with your gut and saying what you want to say, more often than not it's easiest to just be honest and say what you feel.

I can't give too much more because I'm a guy, but yea.. that's my 'two cents.' :)

Good luck!
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain