I have a job interview tomorrow!

• I have a job interview tomorrow!

So I got short-listed for a job as a shelver at a local library, which is pretty awesome.
      The thing is, it's part of the City Council, meaning it's gonna be pretty formal, even if it's not such a big job.
      So I just need some advice on some things.

What should I wear?
      Is it okay to use colloquial language?
      Can I be casual about the whole thing?
      What kind of questions might put me off?

Any response is greatly appreciated. c:
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Plum"]"In reverie, I smile
      Imagining when I will lie close to you."
      [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    • Re: I have a job interview tomorrow!

Hey there, congrats on the interview!

I have a few suggestions that might help you.

1. Have you seen how the employees dress there? Try to kind of dress according to what you see there. You don't want to show up in an amazing Dress, and you don't want to show up dressed like Daisy Duke, either.

2. Depending on how you speak on a day to day basis, it might be a good idea to try to sound somewhat intellectual. It is a library, after-all. Don't try to sound like a Polymer Science Major, but you don't want to sound like a street thug, either. It is a library, after-all. :P

3. I suggest you try to calmly convey your excitement for the chance to work there. Try to show that you are interested in working there, and are glad to be able to get a job, not that you just NEED a job.

4. I'm not sure what kind of questions they would ask about a job at a library, but i'm assuming they will ask you things about Genres, if you are familiar with the Dewey Decimal System, if you are knowledgeable of books and how to put things in alphabetical order, things of that sort, since you will be a shelver.

Not the best, but it's something! Hope it helps you.

Good luck. :D
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

The post was edited 1 time, last by K 1 N G ().