Getting weaker and weaker...

• Getting weaker and weaker...

Im 16 and Ive been with the same guy with 2 years. I started feeling comfortable with him and loved him enough to have sex. But he never seem interested and started being distant. He broke up with me this summer, I felt depressed for two days and we got back together. Just before christmas he broke up again and his friends told me he felt happier than ever. I still love him and I heard he's into another girl and it breaks my heart into little pieces :( i would die if I see the two of them together :(:( HELP WHAT SHOULD I DO? :(
    • Re: Getting weaker and weaker...

I'm glad to hear that you and him haven't gone all the way. I think all you can do now is to get over him. It will be hard but that's the only option. You're only 16, that's young. Have fun with friends and enjoy being single. No doubt there are better guys out there who you haven't met, so why waste on someone who doesn't cherish you. One day he might just like another girl again and the girl he is currently into will suffer. You were merely 14 when the relationship started, so now that you're older, you can find someone else.

I know your going to hear this a lot, but your 16 and it may feel like the end of the world now but things will change. This breakup may allow you to find someone that will treat you even better and show you great things about yourself and the world.

Starting relationships when your so young for such a long term can inhibit self growth. You have so much time now! learn to be selfish with it and get to know yourself. Live only for yourself.

for future reference. once you break up with someone, unless they are a tight part of your circle of friends cut them out of your life. if you had any ounce of passion in your relationship seeing them day to day is going to tear you to pieces and carrying around old baggage will complicate your future relationships. this "lets just be friends" gig is just people being nice usually.

for example, my girlfriend still talks to her exes. i wish she wouldn't but it's out of my control. two guys that she was /on again/off again/ for a while and are now crying for her back. it complicates our relationship having to deal with this shit and they are not good friends nor were very good to her.

what you should do is focus inward on yourself, and strengthn yourself as a person. focus on school, hobbies, sports, build up your social life and continue to meet people. you will meet a great guy eventually( it's all up to chance, and putting yourself out there helps your chances). maybe date around someother guys that you have been eying and test the waters. put him out of your mind. right now, this is the hard part, but you can get through this.

endgame wrote:

for future reference. once you break up with someone, unless they are a tight part of your circle of friends cut them out of your life. if you had any ounce of passion in your relationship seeing them day to day is going to tear you to pieces and carrying around old baggage will complicate your future relationships. this "lets just be friends" gig is just people being nice usually.

for example, my girlfriend still talks to her exes. i wish she wouldn't but it's out of my control. two guys that she was /on again/off again/ for a while and are now crying for her back. it complicates our relationship having to deal with this shit and they are not good friends nor were very good to her.

... you will meet a great guy eventually( it's all up to chance, and putting yourself out there helps your chances). maybe date around some other guys that you have been eying and test the waters....

Lol, sometimes people really do want to be friends. It's just... hard. It's cliché, I know.
      It's definitely best to end any contact with them, because you'll just keep getting reminded of the grief.
      And testing the waters is really essential. Don't go to deep so you can pull out yourself whenever you need to.
      "You use your heart as a weapon, and it hurts like Heaven."