College or Military Enlist?

• College or Military Enlist?

I wanted to go to the military ,prefer The Coast Guard i just like the jobs they have but i also wanna go to school. Should i go to the military or college? i like Law enforcement and the coast guard offers that but i love music , but i feel like its hard to do that and thier isnt really a good amount of succesful people that are getting in the music industry so its just something risky.
    • Re: College or Military Enlist?

With the US Military, you enlist for 4 years, and so long as you finish 3 years, you get the GI Bill, which is enough to pay for any state college, at least through a bachelor's degree, and maybe a master's. You'd have to check the bill yourself to be sure.
      I'm thinking of doing 4 years with the Air Force, I want to get into their school for translators. 1 year of school will give me an AA, plus 3 years in after that and my enlistment is up, I go to college and the GI Bill will definitely pay through a master's degree.

I'm not sure what other branches offer in terms of paying for college, but I know what the Army National Guard offers. Basically you join, go to BCT and AIT, then get back. You then have the option to pay $1000 into the GI bill, and then they start paying for a certain percentage of your schooling. If you deploy, then you get the Post 911 GI bill, which pays for all your schooling and you don't have to pay anything into it.

For more information about what each branch will offer, I'd talk to a recruiter. And no, I wouldn't be scared. You can sign every piece of paper in that building and you still won't be in the Army (you have to sign your contract later after the medical and criminal checks).

Personally, I'd recommend the military and do online classes while you're in the military. There's plenty of time to do both. You'll get experience and school knocked out at the same time.

Oh, and sorry if my post is everywhere. It's late at night and I can't sleep or think clearly.

I am suicidal not stupid so I know I would never join and I wouldn't suggest it for you but hey you want to die that way then be my guest. Just saying though...I don't think it's a good idea but hey that is just my opinion.
      Technology is neither good nor bad, nor even neutral. Technology is one part of the complex of relationships that people form with each other and the world around them; it simply cannot be understood outside of that concept.