Complicated.. Should I go on birth control?

• Complicated.. Should I go on birth control?

Hi, I need a bit of help.. I'm fourteen years old and in a relationship. I've known him for about eight years and we've been together for nine or so months as a long distance couple. We get to see each other for a few months every year due to our parents work cycles, so this isn't a completely Internet based relationship. I will be seeing him in a couple of months and I'm pretty sure our relationship is going to get more physical, in fact I feel as though sex is inevitable. He's not pressuring me and I do already know the risks. I'd like to go on birthcontrol for extra safety, but I'm really not sure if going on the pill would be worth it yet, as we see eachother for a few months to as little as a couple weeks at a time with many months inbetween each visit. Would it be worth putting all of those hormones into my body?
    • Re: Complicated.. Should I go on birth control?

Most people would say 14 is too young for any sexual activity, and they are correct. There have been studies that have found that people who lose their virginity later in life are more satisfied than those who lose their virginity earlier. If you absolutely insist, then I would definitely recommend starting birth control. I've been on birth control since I was 13 to help treat hormone imbalances.

Aconfusedteen wrote:

Hi, I need a bit of help.. I'm fourteen years old and in a relationship. I've known him for about eight years and we've been together for nine or so months as a long distance couple. We get to see each other for a few months every year due to our parents work cycles, so this isn't a completely Internet based relationship. I will be seeing him in a couple of months and I'm pretty sure our relationship is going to get more physical, in fact I feel as though sex is inevitable. He's not pressuring me and I do already know the risks. I'd like to go on birthcontrol for extra safety, but I'm really not sure if going on the pill would be worth it yet, as we see eachother for a few months to as little as a couple weeks at a time with many months inbetween each visit. Would it be worth putting all of those hormones into my body?

If you really feel like you're going to have sex, the extra precaution wouldn't be a bad thing. Your body typically takes a few months to get adjusted to birth control, so if you start it now, you should hopefully be a bit more use to it by the time you do see each other.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

14 is too young for sex. It's not legal too. You both could get into trouble for that.

And, sex isn't going to help the relationship. It'll just be more lust and less of love. Maybe you should think where the relationship is going, since it's "getting more physical".
      "You use your heart as a weapon, and it hurts like Heaven."

Anytime you engage in intercourse, you can get pregnant or contract an STD, even if you use contraception or condoms.

God designed sex as a wonderful gift within the confines of marriage. A marriage where both spouses trust and follow Jesus Christ is a good foundation for a family. Sex outside of this union of marriage will lead to emotional heartache and offends God.

Please consider waiting until marriage before having sex. A man who loves you and wants the best for you will understand and wait with you. I would strongly question the motives of a man I met over the internet who wants to sleep with me right away.

Even though I think your too young I can't say much because I lost my V at 15 which is only a year older. But if you think it's going to happen than you should make an appointment with an obgyn office and talk to them about the bc's your interested in and which one would be the best for you. There is pills shots IUD's and Implants.

I agree with meg and linda, it's better that your sure your safe then be afraid something goes wrong IF you do have sex, that doesn't have to ofcourse.
      Just only if you are going to have sex make sure you do want it too, don't force yourself when he wants to do it and you don't.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

DEFINETLY. I now a friend who has had sex a couple of times and she wears a condom AND uses birth control. She is safer and ahppy. Personally I wouldnt do it so early. But its it decision. And I say if that's what ur heart want then go for it. :)

Aconfusedteen wrote:

FUCK THAT! I'M NOT MOST PEOPLE LIKE SOME OF THESE FUCKERS THAT POSTED. I DON'T JUDGE, I'VE BEEN FUCKING SINCE A YOUNG AGE. I SAY, YOU GET ON BIRTH PRIOR TO FUCKING. AT LEAST A FULL MONTH IN ADVANCE. NO NEED TO START TODAY IF YOU FUCKING 6 MONTHS FROM NOW. BUT YOU BETTER USE BIRTH CONTROL PILL AND IF YOU DO NOT GET THE BIRTH CONTROL PILLS PRIOR FUCKING, MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PLAN B PILL IMMEDIATELY AFTER FUCKING.

14 HUH, DAMN, KIDS FUCKING SO YOUNG. BUT ROCK ON! GET YOUR FUCK ON!

Guys, I just want to make a point that it's often stated that abstinence-only sex education is very ineffective in preventing teenage pregnancy; that is, just saying "don't have sex" is not going to prevent kids from getting pregnant. However, birth control IS.

Basically, get on birth control. As has been said, better safe than sorry. Waiting is entirely at your discretion, but don't risk it.