exam stress....i have lost myself

• exam stress....i have lost myself

hello...
      I am an indian....
      India being the second most populated country competition is increasing alarmingly.....
      I want to qualify my PMT (pre medical test) so that i can live up to the expectations of my parents....
      I feel that my prepration is not kn track....
      I have my annual exams after two months... I just do not know what to do....
      I was once a bright student....
      But i just cant take the pressure....
      My academic performance is falling....
      I feel like crying....
      My parents expect a LOT from me, i being the eldest sibling
      The have faith in me....
      But i never believed in myself since i was in 11th standard.....
      I have to guide my brothers n sister and show the the way.....
      I badly want to be a doctor...its my passion.....
      BUT THINGS DONT SEEM TO WORK.........HELP ME......MY HEAD PAINS LIKE ANYTHING.....:-(

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sifat Tanveer ().

• Re: exam stress....i have lost myself

The reason why your studying is unproductive right now is because you're thinking about the consequences of failure, as opposed to the journey to success. I noticed that before you even mentioned the pressure of the exam you jumped straight to the pressure of the competition. That's your problem. Don't think about the other people, because they won't even matter until you get the results. Also, don't think about your parents. You said it yourself: this is your passion. You want to get the best you can.

Be proactive, so you're doing instead of thinking. What's your study schedule like? If you don't have one then make one, setting aside appropriate time to study for the exam in a realistic routine that you can stick to.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eminemaniac ().

Dude, it's great that you know what you want to do for the rest of your life and all but you're pushing yourself WAY too hard. Eminemaniac is right, it doesn't matter how the other's do on the exam as long as you do your best. But while it's important to study and take the exam seriously, don't make it the only thing in your life. Make sure you do other things besides study or else you'll just burn yourself out. It's like if you were boxer, you don't want to physically peak BEFORE the fight, you want to gradually get into shape and make sure you peak when the fight is about to happen. So instead of running 5 miles a day, or sparring 4 rounds a day, you'd run 2 or 3 miles and spar 2-3 rounds instead so that you don't overwork you're muscles. Studying is the same way. So take Eminemaniacs advice and make a study schedule and make sure you have time to relax and do other things you like so that you won't be stressed out. Afterall, what's the point of having all that knowledge if you're too stressed out to use it?

I wish you the best of luck on your exam and hope you'll feel better soon :)
      "If you're sick of evil knocking on your door, throw up the love sign once and forever more"

Have faith in yourself and don't worry about what other people expect from you. I understand that in your culture, it's important to live up to the parent's expectations, but don't obsess over it. Relax and pace yourself like Nivivrus said.

I am 17 and I have a B.S. with an area of study in Communications. I obtained this through diligence and self motivation. I didn't pace myself and found myself completely burnt out for the last eight months or so. While I made it to about a hundred credits in the first 15 months, it took me another 9 months just to get the final twenty credits. What I'm trying to say here is that make high goals for yourself, but don't over-extend yourself.
      - Ghukek

Yeah, sometimes trusting yourself in times is more important than even the goals, parents and the path. Just give your best and leave the rest.
      Link(s) removed by staff member
      [size=1]A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).[/size]