Please I need lots of advice and opinions I'm desperate

• Please I need lots of advice and opinions I'm desperate

I need someone's help? Anyone?
      I feel I have so many issues with the guy I'm with but don't know if it's just me being needy?paranoid? Silly or is it something I should address?
      He works in the day so says he can't talk but doesn't send a little text during the whole day...when we go sleep he turns over doesn't hold me to sleep...instead of complimenting he just jokes about maybe he does this because he's shy to compliment or just doesn't see anything to compliment about... I know his family, some of his friends, seen me in the morning, told me he loves me, reasonably affectionate although I want it more! Help me what do I do????do I tell him how I feel on the phone? Or shall I just see how it goes? HELP
    • Re: Please I need lots of advice and opinions I'm desperate

Hi izzy. Guys on a whole are quite poor about talking and expressing emotions. I am guessing that you have been together a while. When two people first get together everything is new and we are trying to impress. Ie always complimenting and doing things for one and other. Also the sex will be more frequent. When we have been together a while thre becomes a routine we fall into which is quite dull. Eg go to work come home eat dinner watch tele go to sleep. We need to break the pattern and do something special even if it means eating dinner at the table or watching a film rather than tele or just talking in the evening. Guys especially need a bit of help and encouragement to do this. So make the first step to doing this by changing what your routine is. Also if he doesn't talk sometimes with a guy the best time to talk is straight after sex it is when his defences are down and his emotions are high.
    • Re: Please I need lots of advice and opinions I'm desperate

Talk to him about it. To his face, not over a text message or on the phone. You need to let him know if you think he's been distant. You also need to think of a way to change the distance between you (example: set aside 10 minutes a day to talk). Be careful how you word it though, because this is a subject that can be taken the wrong way.