I don't know what to do. Nobody wants to help me.

• I don't know what to do. Nobody wants to help me.

I've basically been on-and-off depressed since I was 12. It started because my parents are divorced and my dad took my mom to court for custody over me, but my dad told his lawyer that I wanted to go live with him, so basically the court files had my name on them, and not my dad's. So that caused a lot of hell between me and my mom.
      The thing was is that I didn't want to go live with my dad because when I was younger he had an alcohol problem and used to beat me.
      So that started it, and I've been depressed since.
      I have binge eating disorder. I will stuff my face for a day, then not eat barely anything for 3-4 days afterwards, then repeat. The thing is I've had that since I was 10 back in gymnastics, and I'm not sure why. But I can't stop.
      I've been kicked out and going back and fourth from my mom's to my dad's for the past 6 months. My mom constantly nags me and bitches at me how I don't treat her right, because when I'm upset I just tell her I don't want to talk, and go to my room. My dad won't let me do any of the things I love, like basketball and see my friends. He expects me to get a job and pay rent. I'm 17 and not even done highschool yet, so that's why I keep going back to my mom's, even though she kicks me out repetitively.
      My mom said because I leave to go see my ex late at night she thinks I'm a prostitute. I go see him because I talk to him and that's the one thing that makes me feel better. My dad said I'm on cocaine. I've never tried drugs in my life. So that really makes me even more upset.
      So I told my mom I was depressed. I cry everyday for like three hours. I roll around, shake, and one time I was even so upset I was pulling on my hair so hard I almost pulled it out.
      She didn't believe me, so she took me to the doctor. My mom told the doctor it was my birth control pills, so the doctor took me off them. But still nothing has happened.
      My ex-boyfriend makes everything worse when he gets mad and ignores me, but that's complicated and in another thread.
      I basically don't know what to do. My parents won't help me, my doctor won't help me, the counsellor at school just said she didn't have time for me. So. I'm stuck here. Suffering and crying hours on end every day, not knowing what to do with myself.
      BTW, I'm 17 now. So some of this has been going on for a long time.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2];*Katherine*;[/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE]
    • Re: I don't know what to do. Nobody wants to help me.

You'll definitely need to talk to someone. I'm always more than willing to listen if you ever want someone to vent to, although I'm not too sure I'll be able to help having never been in any of those situations in the past.

I definitely feel like you should try and talk to your mom more though. If you talk to her, she'll let you live with her, you won't have to pay rent, and you can do the things you love. Plus, if you do manage to build up your relationship with her, you'll be able to talk to her about everything, and being your mom, will hopefully understand and comfort you. Maybe try to find other people to talk to besides your ex-boyfriend all the time? Sorry I'm not much help, but if you ever want to talk more, I'll try my best in any way I can.

All the best :)

To be honest, wait for someone like Eminemaniac to reply, she always has good advice. Way better than anything I could give at least :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mark ().

• Re: I don't know what to do. Nobody wants to help me.

owch! that sounds awful :( im sorry to hear what ur going threw, if u want some one to talk to just PM me i'll try what i can to help,i will sure listen to whatever u want to say

i agree with mark,try to find other people to talk to then just your ex,get more connected with your mom though she seems kinda mean at times but thats most parents :/ and as for ur dad -.- idk any help with that sorry...he seems like a real peach(sarcasm)

anyways again want someone to talk to im here and will do what i can to help ya out :)