Post a movie that...

• Post a movie that...

... you hate that everyone else seems to love.

Mine is Halloween. Maybe I saw it too late, so didn't appreciate the hype, but I was really bored by it.

... you love that everyone else seems to hate.

Mine is The Black Cauldron. I know it's not a great film but I watched it all the time as a kid and loved being scared by it. It also has, by far, the most underrated Disney villain of all time.
    • Re: Post a movie that...

Everyone loves but I hate:

1.) 2001 A Space Odyssey. Anyone who actually "loves" this movie is a pretentious fuckbag. It's not a movie. It's a 2 hour
      exposé on what special effects looked like in 1969.
      2.) Drive. Though this film is relatively polarizing, it does seem the vast majority like it. I think it's complete and utter shit. I can see an appeal if you're willing to take it for what it is, but too many people try and tell me it's a deep and meaningful film when there's nothing at all to indicate that. Utterly boring.
      3.) The Tree of Life. Though a beautiful art piece, it's an extremely boring film. There's a nice little 30 minute movie hidden in there somewhere, but the rest is just pointless.

Everyone hates but I love:

1.) Saw movies. They can be overly repetitive, but if watched in order over a two day period they are pretty enjoyable films with an actually not bad story.
      2.) Transformers movies. They suck story and acting wise, but who'd watch them for that? I just like to see shit blow up.
      3.) Let's go to Prison. Don't really love this one, just like it. A comedy that seemingly no one else likes that I think is hysterical.

CharlesTheSexyUnicorn wrote:

Everybody loves, but I hate;
      Haunted house. The acting was horrible.
      Everybody hates, but I love;
      Coraline. (Most likely spelled wrong.) I love the song the Other Dad sang to her, while playing his piano. :)

No one loves A Haunted House. It's one of the worst reviewed movies ever.

And no one hates Coraline, either. It's critically acclaimed.

Ari Gold wrote:

Everyone loves but I hate:

1.) 2001 A Space Odyssey. Anyone who actually "loves" this movie is a pretentious fuckbag. It's not a movie. It's a 2 hour
      exposé on what special effects looked like in 1969.
      2.) Drive. Though this film is relatively polarizing, it does seem the vast majority like it. I think it's complete and utter shit. I can see an appeal if you're willing to take it for what it is, but too many people try and tell me it's a deep and meaningful film when there's nothing at all to indicate that. Utterly boring.
      3.) The Tree of Life. Though a beautiful art piece, it's an extremely boring film. There's a nice little 30 minute movie hidden in there somewhere, but the rest is just pointless.

Everyone hates but I love:

1.) Saw movies. They can be overly repetitive, but if watched in order over a two day period they are pretty enjoyable films with an actually not bad story.
      2.) Transformers movies. They suck story and acting wise, but who'd watch them for that? I just like to see shit blow up.
      3.) Let's go to Prison. Don't really love this one, just like it. A comedy that seemingly no one else likes that I think is hysterical.

Transformers: Explosions + Megan Fox = Winner in my books too :)

Eli Haha wrote:

Love Plan 9 from Outer Space
      Hate Les Mis

Dude no way! I'm a huge Plan 9 fan ^^. They're playing it at my towns movie theater on Thursday lol

I really liked Rocky V and EVERYONE hated it... I mean, it's not a GREAT movie but it's pretty enjoyable for what it is...

I never got into the Harry Potter movies, I'm just not into those kinds of movies though.
      "If you're sick of evil knocking on your door, throw up the love sign once and forever more"

Everyone hates but I love: Birdemic. Everyone should watch Birdemic.

Everyone loves but I hate: Looper. (JGL's biggest mistake ever, even worse than 500 days of Summer. Don Jon's Addiction better be good I'm giving up hope.) Also, Fight Club. I hadn't watched it until a couple of months ago and I quit before it was over. Also every stoner comedy ever.

Everyone loves but I hate: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (it was a complete and utter bore-fest, plus the pacing was very disjointed ; I loved LeCarre's book too, so this is even more of a shame)

Everyone hates but I love: Funny Games (compared to the original: the atmosphere's bleaker, the two main villain guys are infinitely more disturbing, and the performances overall were much stronger)
      If you smacked a kid with a bottle of 'Johnson's No More Tears', wouldn't it create beautiful irony?

Ooh! This is fun!

I love art house movies in general, but especially Alice (Neco Z Alenky) by Jan Svankmajer. Such a beautiful movie, scared the crap out of my friends.

I didn't like The Hobbit. I liked the LOTR movies, but that one was too long and shouldn't be three movies. Plus, it's all in Peter Jackson's 90s glowy vision.

Oh yeah, and I also love Plan 9.