Physics Class

• Physics Class

I currently want to drop out of physics. There are plenty of liable reasons I want to drop it, that I won't go into. The only reason my mother wont sign the sheet to let me drop the class, is because she believes most jobs need grade 12 Physics. Anything I have an interest in doing does NOT have Physics under a pre-requisite for my University I plan on attending. And, say I get a degree in Law (which is what I really want to do), or a Bachelor of Accountancy (which is another thing I'm interested in). Applying for a job at a Law firm, would they look at my Highschool Transcript and say "Oh he doesn't have 12th grade Physics, he can't get the job"? I really think that is not how it works. Please correct me if I'm wrong!!!
      Life is a drum set. Rock it.
    • Re: Physics Class

Honestly I do think you're right. I took physics last year, and it was alright... But this year I tried doing AP physics. Worst thing ever, so I dropped it at 2nd semester. It was the best decision I have ever made. I say if you are able to get into a different class that would benefit you far more than physics, I say go for it... Do some more convincing. If you want a law degree, I don't think physics is required for that... Or so I think anyway :p
    • Re: Physics Class

CanadaTacos wrote:

I currently want to drop out of physics. There are plenty of liable reasons I want to drop it, that I won't go into. The only reason my mother wont sign the sheet to let me drop the class, is because she believes most jobs need grade 12 Physics. Anything I have an interest in doing does NOT have Physics under a pre-requisite for my University I plan on attending. And, say I get a degree in Law (which is what I really want to do), or a Bachelor of Accountancy (which is another thing I'm interested in). Applying for a job at a Law firm, would they look at my Highschool Transcript and say "Oh he doesn't have 12th grade Physics, he can't get the job"? I really think that is not how it works. Please correct me if I'm wrong!!!

It's not whether you can recall physical concepts from grade 12 Physics when you're in a law firm that's important. It matters more to your employer that you've shown that you have the capacity & flexibility to think like an A+ student in a Grade 12 physics class.