Got fired...

• Got fired...

I worked at Walgreens and they hired me knowing that I already had a job. Well this week they scheduled me at the same time as my other job (they were working me two days a weeks when my other was doing maybe four). I called last night because I noticed my other job I worked 1-5 and I asked them if it would be alright if I just came in at 5 (I was supposed to work 3-10) and the manager on duty said it was okay. I brought up the other day this week and said I couldn't work anything out and he said he would talk to a guy named Gary to see what they can do.

Today I came in when I got permission to and everyone treated me like crap, I mean EVERYONE. The employees and manager were being rude and they would ignore my calls on the intercom for when I needed help. Finally my shift ended and I went and clocked out. The manager came up to me and asked me if I got anyone to cover for me today and I told her no but that I had it okay'd with a manager and told her our conversation. She then replied that there was no Gary (I know there is, I've met him) and that if it happened again I was done. She then brought up the other conflict day and I gave my two weeks after that and told her I just don't think it's working out. Then she said "don't even bother coming in the other days, you're done!" and walked away and slammed a door open then started yelling.

I worked 9 hours straight today without a break and I haven't eaten all day. I didn't deserve the treatment I got and I made sure it was my store when I called last night, I checked THREE times. I'm really upset, I've never been treated like this. People have told me I should contact the district office and make a complaint.

Any thoughts?
    • Re: Got fired...

I want to send an email or letter to the office so they can't ignore it but I'm not sure how. I've even gotten there early, stayed late, and came in when I wasn't supposed to work before. There's people that come in late every shift and I do it once and get canned. They knew about the conflict before the start of the week even!

Sounds like a difficult situation. The management team at your location isn't that nice, huh. I'll say that you should bring the situation up with human resources. It is their job to sort situations like yours out.

Trust me, we had an employee (who is still at the company) who was fired for legitimate reasons (theft) (this was before I was employed). Well he decided to complain to HR about it and since the proper corporate procedures for disciplinary action were not taken, they made the GM take the guy back. Point being, if what you describe its the case, you are most likely going to be able to get things worked out with corporate.
      - Ghukek

Tribble wrote:

I am pretty sure more states will not let people work 8 hours without a break. I would contact your stores head managing offices and point that out and threaten to go to a government official about it. Something makes me think they will do anything to prevent that.

He wasn't working nine hours straight at the same job, he has two... Keep up.
      [CENTER]And in no way is it worth
      Losing everything I am including these words

[/CENTER]

BongoBarbie wrote:

I'm a she...

I have a letter written up explaining everything. I don't want the job back (the stores been robbed at gun point a few times and I don't want the crappy treatment), I just want to feel better about the situation.

I wouldn't suggest getting your job back. After this incident you're going to get a lot of resentment from the workers and any managers who survive the investigation.
      - Ghukek

just left my job few months ago but i left cause there's no appreciation for what i was doing, check down my link and get extra dollars and don't be upset it helped me a lot, where it was such a hassle to make few cents in my first run then read carefully through their forums and i've made a plethora of dollars that supported me while finding a new job.
      Link(s) removed by staff member
      [size=1]A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).[/size]

The post was edited 1 time, last by sara17 ().