My Best Friend Talks about her Boyfriend NON.STOP

• My Best Friend Talks about her Boyfriend NON.STOP

I love my best friend more than anything. She recently has started dating this guy that she really likes. I've never meet him myself but some of my friends have and they say he's a great guy. The problem is HE'S all my best friend ever talks about.

I literally was on the phone with her for an hour and a half, and almost everything that she said was about him or had something to do with him.

When he has nothing to do with the converstation, for example my friends and I have been talking about seeing the movie ''safe haven''. and she was like well, I've already seen that I saw that with him this weekend. I spent Friday and Saturday with him.

I just don't know how to handle it, I'm very happy for her that she has found a great guy and I really do think that they could last. I just wish that everything didn't have to revolve around him.

I know how she feels, because I've felt that way before when I dated someone. and I'm pretty sure I did the same thing, so I'm sure I got on her nerves with it. I get that she's happy and I really am glad that she's happy.

Also, whenever she talks about him. and she tells me all the cute things he does for and all the things they do together. I get jealous and I just think ''why can't that be me''? and I don't like that feeling. It just makes me feel bad.

I haven't dated someone in almost two years, and It's not that I don't want to date anyone I do I just haven't found the right person to date. I feel like that I should have dated someone else already... I just don't know.

Does anyone have any advice or input? Thanks.
    • Re: My Best Friend Talks about her Boyfriend NON.STOP

She is your best friend and I'm starting to hate how easily that word is used and not meant. Being a best friends means listening to them even if you don't really care for the conversation. I'm sure like you said when you have a boyfriend that is all you talk about and she probably gets just as annoyed as you do but she puts up with it. If she's honestly going overboard just tell her that talking about her boyfriend is fun but you would like to talk about other things as well.

laney wrote:

She is your best friend and I'm starting to hate how easily that word is used and not meant. Being a best friends means listening to them even if you don't really care for the conversation. I'm sure like you said when you have a boyfriend that is all you talk about and she probably gets just as annoyed as you do but she puts up with it. If she's honestly going overboard just tell her that talking about her boyfriend is fun but you would like to talk about other things as well.

I agree. :)
      C'est dans les regards et les sourires que se cachent les mots qu'on a jamais su dire[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][/FONT] :rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is a tricky one. I have had a lot of friends do this to me also and it use to annoy the crap out of me (this is when I was single). Now that I have a boyfriend even I notice that I talk about him a lot. I think its because we spend so much time together and maybe your friend does too. She is probaly just happy and wants to share it with you but if its bringing you down you probaly need to talk to her. I'm sure if she is your friend she will understand.

it's annoying, i know exactly how you feel!
      just try and listen and then just change the subject to something else about yourself and see what she replies. I tried this and it works, because then you realise whether they are a good enough friend or not..

That's what happens when you're young and you date someone. It's a huge thing to her and it would be to you if you were in the same boat. I'm the same even though I'm 18, I still get over excited and always talk about my boyfriend. However, I spot it and shut up when I can. But when you're older, it's not that easily controlled. All you can do is point it out to her.
      [CENTER]Ask me a question[/CENTER]

la rubia loca wrote:

what is prolapse?
      is it like pro life?