Problems At Work. Legal Issues.

• Problems At Work. Legal Issues.

What Should I Do? 4
        Report and Collect $.$ (4) 100%
        Stay Silent and Keep The Job (0) 0%
      Long time no see, TeenHut, unfortunately my return comes with a difficult situation.

Events below take place in Minnesota, if that helps anyone provide me assistance.

See, I work a [X] food service and believe my employer is committing tax fraud.

Now, when I say "believe" I mean to say I KNOW as I have access to the store safe and record the business earning on my night shifts. My employer is requiring me to "Set aside" $50 every night ($350 weekly) from the daily sales. This is done by not entering credit card sales from our Omni Credit Card Terminal into the register as a recorded sale. I have been able to do this for him due to my "Mad math skillz" and I know what most any amount of purchase is with sales tax. Lets say I have several purchases, $3.21, $8.55, $10.69, $11.88, $16,03, (all actual amounts btw) I would NOT ring that up into the register and instead take $50 cash and put it in an envelope into the safe and the $0.36 would just be an "oops" on the cashiers part.

I was wondering what I should do in this situation. I have read things about IRA "rewards" for reporting such actions but I'm not sure if I should or exactly how to do so.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Fuck -- The measure of something I do not give.[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/LEFT]
    • Re: Problems At Work. Legal Issues.

Whistle Blower laws would protect me from retaliation from my employer if I reporting them such as being fired. This issue is more that the business would more than likely be shut down or my employer would choose to "cash in his chips" and close the business because of a big government fine such as this.
      [LEFT][SIZE=4]Fuck -- The measure of something I do not give.[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/LEFT]
    • Re: Problems At Work. Legal Issues.

I wouldn't even know who to say something to.

If you do bring it up to the proper authority, it should be all anonymous. So if your boss thinks it's you you can always deny and say it must have been someone else. Depending on how bad off they are you may still keep your job. I doubt you'd get any compensation though, that stuff rarely works out.