Why do teens get wasted?

• Re: Why do teens get wasted?

Hann. wrote:

It's more fun than a completely sober party? People come out of their shell, meaning a much more wild party, aka. fun.

I've been to sober parties that were just as fun as parties I got trashed at.
      It's about the people around you.
      30 cool sober kids vs. 55 lame trashed kids that think they're cool... shouldn't even be a choice.

If you have to get drunk to have fun at a party you might just be lame.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Globalization ().

I'm 17, and drink alcohol at parties and on special occasions. One of the main reasons I drink at parties is because of how shy I am. A few drinks loosen me up a little, and I socialize a lot more. My parents allow me to drink, and buy me drink because they know I'm responsible. What I hate is people who go drinking behind their parents backs, and drink far too much and just fall all over the place puking. There's also a form of drinking here known as 'bush drinking' where teenagers go drinking in fields or parking lots etc.. I think that's just stupid.

sarah wrote:

to numb the emotional pain of their mediocre and monotonous life. being a teenager is miserable as fuck.

Ain't that the truth. Honestly I've been there and done that.
      Technology is neither good nor bad, nor even neutral. Technology is one part of the complex of relationships that people form with each other and the world around them; it simply cannot be understood outside of that concept.

Enigma_ wrote:

I'm 17, and drink alcohol at parties and on special occasions. One of the main reasons I drink at parties is because of how shy I am. A few drinks loosen me up a little, and I socialize a lot more. My parents allow me to drink, and buy me drink because they know I'm responsible. What I hate is people who go drinking behind their parents backs, and drink far too much and just fall all over the place puking. There's also a form of drinking here known as 'bush drinking' where teenagers go drinking in fields or parking lots etc.. I think that's just stupid.

You're also Irish, there's the stereotype of every Irishman being heavy drinkers :lol:

In some cases people think they need to be drunk in order to have a good time. They have obviously never been the only sober person at a party, messing with all the drunks.

My mate was pissed one night at a party, so I did a 'Drunk test' on him. I told him to high five me. Every time I would quickly slide my hand out of the way, and he wouldn't notice.

Then the next day I convinced him he did a nudie run down the street.

Remember Kids: Why drink when you can make the drunks look like idiots and have them not remember?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]

Ashley12Marie wrote:

I've never been drunk.. o.o

Neither ha ha. My friend who has been getting smashed since she was 15 didn't think I could go without grog until I was 18 (drinking age in Aus). She was 18 at the time and I was 14. We bet $100. I win that bet in just over a month ha ha
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]

CocaineCowboy wrote:

I never drank to get drunk, just socially... and even so I have a plan for someone to drive me and stuff, I just enjoy getting a little buzzed, but I don't go out with the intention of going to drink
      But one time I decided to get reallllly wasted in my porch one night and I have to say it wasn't that great :/

Getting drunk on your own isn't fun. I've done it once, unintentionally... was waiting for friend, cracked open a drink while waiting, slowly sipping... she took so long that I was well buzzing by the time she got there. Awkward.

Ahh!! well i am in total accord with your point of view. I sometimes feel that its a kind of running with the crowd psychology of teens. They think that may be that cool guy is drinking, so we should drink too and we would be cool too in the eyes of others. Its total game of fake illusion creating scene in front of others.
      I don't drink so i am saying all these things its just my point of views. Yeah i have heard that wine is good for health but excess drinking of alcohol really bumbles your body.
      Usually drinking is done so as to keep your body heat up to fight against cold but some drink for fun and go beyond the limit of drinking and end up ruining their body parts.
      Some says that they are drinking so as to get rid of tension and blah blah reasons.

I'm trying to remember why I started drinking when I did, and for the life of me I have no idea. I started when I was about 16 (if memory serves me right), and now I either drink socially, if I'm enjoying something nice (like wine, craft beer, or good whiskey), to relax at home and play videogames (makes it twice as fun imo), or, most often, because I'm being depressive and I can't stop drinking =S dunno if that helps. I think I started drinking socially, but I don't remember feeling pressured into it or anything.

Anyhow, it's been around since the ancient Sumerians, SOMETHING about it is appealing to people.