What should I do with my hair?

• What should I do with my hair?

I'm a guy, 16, and normally don't care much about my appearance...that is until I started caring what the girls thought of me :P Anyway, should I leave it as is or do something different? I want to kinda be messy bed-head look; but not too spikey. I think this should go in the Glamour/Fashion section...but I can't post pictures until I have 100 posts; so.

I'm should be doing school...
    • Re: What should I do with my hair?

Another look you could try is to have the top cut at 0.5 inches (1/2) and the sides at 0.375 inches (3/8). Blend it, not a direct line of course. Cut around the ears. Then use water or light gel to spike the top according to your cowlick. I don't know your hair pattern, but since it is longer now, when you cut it short it will stick up a bit since its used to that. Eventually it will flatten down (I usually wear caps first couple days after haircut to help flatten it.) It's a straight-edge clean look that I've received plenty of compliments for. You can always have your barber pull out a book of examples for you to choose from, I'd even have a close girl friend come with you to pick it out to be honest. Keep experimenting until you find something you like, a lot of people have the same hair cut since they were a child, hence your bushel.

Visual: If you look on my profile, that's about 3 weeks after that hair cut, hence it is a bit longer.
    • Re: What should I do with my hair?

ComplicatedMind wrote:

Another look you could try is to have the top cut at 0.5 inches (1/2) and the sides at 0.375 inches (3/8). Blend it, not a direct line of course. Cut around the ears. Then use water or light gel to spike the top according to your cowlick. I don't know your hair pattern, but since it is longer now, when you cut it short it will stick up a bit since its used to that. Eventually it will flatten down (I usually wear caps first couple days after haircut to help flatten it.) It's a straight-edge clean look that I've received plenty of compliments for. You can always have your barber pull out a book of examples for you to choose from, I'd even have a close girl friend come with you to pick it out to be honest. Keep experimenting until you find something you like, a lot of people have the same hair cut since they were a child, hence your bushel.

Visual: If you look on my profile, that's about 3 weeks after that hair cut, hence it is a bit longer.

Alright, I'll look into that as well. Thanks for the advice!
      I'm should be doing school...