Could use some advice please

• Could use some advice please

Hi so I am a 16 year old and I have alot of issues I'm dealing with. First of all I deal with depresion witch is a big cause of all my problems. In the past its gotten real bad where I almost killed myself but thanks god I'm still here. I just find myself get depressed at random times and alot of times I'm not sure why.

So one problem I deal with is girls. When I was in grade school I went to a private co Ed school. I was a shy around the girls then but seeing them everyday made it not so bad. But when I went off to highschool I went to a private all boy school ( all the private highschools in my town are non co Ed). So since I've been in highschool for almost 2 years I only know about 4 girls 3 from my grade school and one girl who used to go out with a friend of mine. So I really do not know many girls. In my head I really really wanna meet new girls but when I try to meet some at place I get nervous and do not end up meeting them. I've tried to get my friends to introduce me to some girls they know but that's never seemed to work either. I'm also not a very attractive guy. I'm fat and have an ok face and really the only good thing going for me is I am tall. So I could really really use some advice on what I should do. The longer I go without meeting girls and thinking about it makes me really depressed. So please can any of u offer me advice??? And I wanna thank u in advance for any responses.
    • Re: Could use some advice please

Shyness is caused by lack of self confidence which is caused by lack of experience. Although this may not be the answer you are looking for, but there must be another reason why your parents sent you to an all-boys school, for the lack of girls. In the public school system, people often try to associate themselves to things that are considered "cool", which happens to be girls and everything that comes with them in high school (Dating, Relationships, etc). These often change how the kid sees them self instead of figuring out who he really is. But going to an all boys school allows you to do just that, it gives you less distractions to allow you to find yourself. Want to know what I'd recommend? Take these valuable high school years and dive yourself into hobbies, things you find interesting, and most of all, develop yourself.

You're fat, you said it. I was bone skinny, I said it. Want to know what advantage you have over what I did? It's easier to convert fat into muscle and get a fit body than to magically create something out of nothing. Work out, swim, get fit so that when you get out of high school, you'll be levels ahead of the other guys in terms of self-confidence when it comes to your looks. And lets be honest, during your teenage years, y'all think looks mean everything. So when you know you look good, you'll feel good as well (This never stops with age fyi). But this also means that by you being fat, there's a chance you'll feel bad and depressed as well (May be your situation). Here's your time to change that. Just do it.

ComplicatedMind wrote:

Shyness is caused by lack of self confidence which is caused by lack of experience. Although this may not be the answer you are looking for, but there must be another reason why your parents sent you to an all-boys school, for the lack of girls. In the public school system, people often try to associate themselves to things that are considered "cool", which happens to be girls and everything that comes with them in high school (Dating, Relationships, etc). These often change how the kid sees them self instead of figuring out who he really is. But going to an all boys school allows you to do just that, it gives you less distractions to allow you to find yourself. Want to know what I'd recommend? Take these valuable high school years and dive yourself into hobbies, things you find interesting, and most of all, develop yourself.

You're fat, you said it. I was bone skinny, I said it. Want to know what advantage you have over what I did? It's easier to convert fat into muscle and get a fit body than to magically create something out of nothing. Work out, swim, get fit so that when you get out of high school, you'll be levels ahead of the other guys in terms of self-confidence when it comes to your looks. And lets be honest, during your teenage years, y'all think looks mean everything. So when you know you look good, you'll feel good as well (This never stops with age fyi). But this also means that by you being fat, there's a chance you'll feel bad and depressed as well (May be your situation). Here's your time to change that. Just do it.

Thanks man for all the advice. The reason I go to a all boy school is because in my town the public schools are not very good so to get a good education u have to go to one of the private schools witch none are co Ed. And I kinda feel like I know what I need to do In my head but I'm not able to do it in person cause of my nerves

I just feel like girls would help me feel better like I mean I really don't have many friends and the people I know know lots of girls. I get made fun of for not knowing any girls or never having a Gf cause most people I know have or had a Gf or know lots of girls. I'm one of the few people I know that has never had a Gf. Honestly idk if I want a Gf yet but I do want to know some girls atleast. I really wanna meet some I just don't have the confidence