Tattoo Artist

• Tattoo Artist

I really want to become a tattoo artist and I've even given up the idea of colledge to chase after an apprenticeship at the Rebel Ink Tattoo Parlor in Arizona. They told me I have a good chance in the business, but I can't be apprenticed until I'm 18, though of coarse I'm going to be getting a tattoo within like a couple months. I have been so excited for the apprenticeship that I've been trying to findart styles similar such as glass carving. I've even began to carve metal, though it's just not the same. I mean skin is a different substance therefore I don't get the same feel for it. Ya know what I mean?
      But I'm not close to perfect. I'm not close to sane. I'm not the one to worship. And I'm not the one to blame.
    • Re: Tattoo Artist

Kay You are more and more awesome every time i talk to you haha i say this because i love tattoos with a passion, i just turned 18 April 4th and got my second tattoo then, 45% of my right arm has ink lol give or take XD I also say this because i have drawn since i was 6 everyone tells me to do tattooing for my carreer, yes i would love it as a career, but i want to make a living off my carreer, tattooing is for those who love the work they do and aren't too wanting of th money, even though tattoos are expensive they don't make ya rich. I get asked for tattoo drawings all of the time, i will post pics soon of my work i will make a album some time, i also do graphic arts, and what not, i used to make signatures and avatars for other forums, and pages for facebook companies, but all in all i am going to college for business haha :) my advice for you is "If you love what you are doing and are willing to give up college for it, then go for it and excell, don't look back, keep going, improve, I have drawn for years and years, i love drawing but i want my life based off success and my success is based on not stuggling, there are apprenticeships out there that will do it free, you will need a portfolio and then you are their personal slave forever haha, but then there are apprenticeships that will charge thousands of dollars, i say go for it, I am going to do tattooing as a side job, more of a hobby though, like practicing on pig meat "great resemblence to human skin" wowwww long reply but this is something i am passionate about so had to get a lot of out put on this :)

I definitely understand being passionate about something because that is how I am about tattooeing (Lol misspell xD) but I want this as a full time job even though it's hard to survive on the payment. I mean I make tattoo designs that some peope already have on their bodies. I just would love to be the person to give the gift of a life long piece of art to someone :D
      But I'm not close to perfect. I'm not close to sane. I'm not the one to worship. And I'm not the one to blame.

my first tattoo was a pencil on my right forearm with the quotes "I am what I choose to become" the pencil is for my love of art since i was very young and the quote is becuase my parents choices have made people think i will fail because of their past but i am not them, so i got that. and my newest one is only on session one out of two, its a dragon that takes up a bunch of my arm, the reasoning for this is that dragons were the first thing that my dad and I drew together, he is the reason why i started drawing, and wants to give me his tattoo gun, but his girlfriend wont give it up, this dragon on my arm is based off my drawing and i plan to get his drawing concept on my other arm, and other tattoos of course ;D ill post pics tonight of my artwork and my tattoos

Well good luck with that! Today it has dawned on my that I would like to build those robot's that doctor's use to perform surgery. So good luck pursuing your dream's and I know I will pursue mine right to the grave.
      Technology is neither good nor bad, nor even neutral. Technology is one part of the complex of relationships that people form with each other and the world around them; it simply cannot be understood outside of that concept.

Lol sorry for the misspell Sarah and thanks for that little tip. I see what yall are saying about the fonts and I love doing fonts it is my main type of drawing. Plus crosses are quite easy. I've been working on them for a while. Right now I've been working on hearts skulls symbols and demonic tattoo art I've developed from other styles

I suppose you're right. :) But my art teacher gets pissed at me for drawing, painting, and creating 'dark and twisted' shit as she calls it. I have a little bit of my random art up right now. Oh! And even though she hates my dark and demonic stuff she gave me the winning prize of 50 bucks for our jack-o'-lantern carving contest! My pumpkin is osted in my album too.