Fall Out Boy

• Re: Fall Out Boy

xxemobladexx wrote:

emo wannabe fakes
      hate their music and them

You do realize they were pop punk to begin with, right? They never even tried for full on punk.

Anyways, the album isn't amazing, but it's not bad. Definitely more of a move in the super pop music direction, but it's fun to listen to.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!

Musicaddicted wrote:

You do realize they were pop punk to begin with, right? They never even tried for full on punk.

Anyways, the album isn't amazing, but it's not bad. Definitely more of a move in the super pop music direction, but it's fun to listen to.

You do realize that the entire genre of pop punk is (by definition) an attempt to be "full on punk". Or at least was:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMX2lPum_pg]Sum 41 - Fatlip - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

At least old fall out boy was listenable and less cringe-worthy. I can't listen to the new stuff. It's just so bad. The thing that pisses me off the MOST about this band is that they had the audacity to make a pop album (which is exactly what that album is. And you literally couldn't even attempt to call it anything else... it has beats on it. Like. Beats. The kind in like... pop and r&b and hip hop songs) and call it "save rock and roll." That just pissed me off.

Postscript: I would say that Fall Out Boy definitely used to think they were a punk band. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQfRQknq5Z0]Fall Out Boy - ''Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today'' - YouTube[/ame]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Globalization ().

Yea they added a little bit of pop but that's what people like unfortunately. It doesn't mean they're only pop though. And just because you don't like a certain genre of music doesn't mean it is shit to everyone. And I do agree with you with the whole "Save Rock and Roll" thing. But I'm not the type of person to hate a band and a whole genre of music over stupid little things. If music sounds good I'll listen to it.

a bit? No sir. They went full fledge pop.

All I have to ask you to do to prove this point is listen to these two songs back to back.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3uIqZcMoHU]Fall Out Boy - Save Rock And Roll (FT. Elton John) Lyrics on screen - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPmYIdSJZXM]The Pros and Cons of Breathing +lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

:rolleyes:

Chuck Finster wrote:

You do realize that the entire genre of pop punk is (by definition) an attempt to be "full on punk". Or at least was:

Sum 41 - Fatlip - YouTube

At least old fall out boy was listenable and less cringe-worthy. I can't listen to the new stuff. It's just so bad. The thing that pisses me off the MOST about this band is that they had the audacity to make a pop album (which is exactly what that album is. And you literally couldn't even attempt to call it anything else... it has beats on it. Like. Beats. The kind in like... pop and r&b and hip hop songs) and call it "save rock and roll." That just pissed me off.

Postscript: I would say that Fall Out Boy definitely used to think they were a punk band. Fall Out Boy - ''Tell That Mick He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today'' - YouTube

I get your point. I was just trying to say that I always distinguished between punk that was "emo" per-say and punk that was full fledged punk, and I never felt like Fall Out Boy hit the emo mark. They were always too mainstream.

I think the title was supposed to be ironic, and maybe a bit of a "fuck you" to the people that didn't think they would ever get back together for another album. The new album is definitely not rock though and most certainly pop. I mean, the radio stations are playing them right after TSwift and Ke$ha now haha.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!

Chuck Finster wrote:

a bit? No sir. They went full fledge pop.

All I have to ask you to do to prove this point is listen to these two songs back to back.

Fall Out Boy - Save Rock And Roll (FT. Elton John) Lyrics on screen - YouTube

The Pros and Cons of Breathing +lyrics - YouTube

:rolleyes:

Ok cool you picked 1 song and then posted a new one.. And I feel like that song has the least amount of pop in it out of all of their new songs. I think every other song on the album has more pop than the one you posted.

Anyway I don't know why you care so much about what they do. I don't know why people stick to a certain type of music and then just bash everything else.

MikeNY wrote:

Ok cool you picked 1 song and then posted a new one.. And I feel like that song has the least amount of pop in it out of all of their new songs. I think every other song on the album has more pop than the one you posted.

Anyway I don't know why you care so much about what they do. I don't know why people stick to a certain type of music and then just bash everything else.

You literally have no clue what kind of music I listen to... So you don't really know if I "stick to a certain type of music and then just bash everything else". I don't know why people make sweeping generalizations when they have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

That new song that I posted was not a rock song. It had Elton John on it. Elton John. Do you know who Elton John is? Are you aware of what kind of music Elton John makes? The point that I was making by posting that song is that this is a pop album. So thank you for proving my point.

I like to think that my music tastes are kind of eclectic... I mean I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that I "stick to a certain type of music and then just bash everything else" just because I don't like Fall Out Boy. :lol:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Also, you are aware that the first song was the new song, and the second song was the old song right? :lol:

That second song is from their very first album "Take This to Your Grave"...

Chuck Finster wrote:

You literally have no clue what kind of music I listen to... So you don't really know if I "stick to a certain type of music and then just bash everything else". I don't know why people make sweeping generalizations when they have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

That new song that I posted was not a rock song. It had Elton John on it. Elton John. Do you know who Elton John is? Are you aware of what kind of music Elton John makes? The point that I was making by posting that song is that this is a pop album. So thank you for proving my point.

I like to think that my music tastes are kind of eclectic... I mean I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that I "stick to a certain type of music and then just bash everything else" just because I don't like Fall Out Boy. :lol:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Also, you are aware that the first song was the new song, and the second song was the old song right? :lol:

That second song is from their very first album "Take This to Your Grave"...

It's just your attitude that makes obvious that you stick with what you like (which is obviously normal) and then you have to bash on music that you don't like. And yes I am very aware of videos that you posted. I am the maker of this thread about their new album so yea I know which song comes from that album... I didn't think you'd have a problem understanding that all I was saying is that you posted 2 songs 1 of them new and 1 of them old. I also do know who Elton John is but do you? I said that the song you posted sounded the least like pop out of others. I agree that they have a pop sound in their songs and some of them have a lot more pop sounding to them than others. But they have songs that sound a lot more like pop than the one you posted in my opinion.

It's just my attitude that makes it obvious that I stick with what I like?
      You literally make no sense at all... you have no clue what kind of music I listen to. Just stop.

You said you don't know "why people stick to a certain type of music and then just bash everything else" but that's not what I do. I don't stick to a certain type of music. I just don't like this particular band... :lol: it's not like the type of music Fall Out Boy makes is just completely off of my radar. I don't bash on Fall Out Boy because I don't like pop music or even because I don't like pop punk... I like music in both of those genres.

You literally said "you picked 1 song and then posted a new one". Sorry if there was a little confusion. :lol: So what you're saying here is that all you were saying is that I posted two songs 1 of them new and 1 of them old...?

Uh, thanks Sherlock. I hadn't noticed that. I mean wasn't that kind of the point?

You said that it had the least amount of pop on it... implying that that song (which was clearly a pop song) was on an album that is outrageously pop-y. Which is the only point I was making by posting those two songs... sooooo since we both clearly agree on this subject... :rolleyes:

I don't know what music you listen to. It doesn't even matter what you listen to. I'm saying that your attitude makes you seem like the type to listen to what you enjoy, and talk shit about the music that you don't enjoy. And all I was trying to say is that their are songs, in my opinion, on the album that sound more pop-y than the particular one you posted.

I understand that Mike. What I've been saying this entire time though is that the album is a pop album. That is a pop song. If there are songs on it that are more pop-y, okay? I wasn't looking for the most pop-sounding song on the album to prove that it's a pop album.

I was trying to prove the point that they've shifted completely in sound since "Take This To Your Grave". The fact that there are more pop-y songs on the album are totally irrelevant to the fact that their sound has changed. So you continuing to bring that up is just totally random.

I bash on music I don't enjoy? Even if that were true is that such a horrible thing to do?
      I mean I don't enjoy The Grateful Dead, but I don't bash them... I don't enjoy Santana either but I don't talk shit about him... So your assumption that I talk shit about music I don't like just because I'm bashing Fall Out Boy is inaccurate *shrug*.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Globalization ().