I don’t know where I stand with my ex girlfriend anymore.

• I don’t know where I stand with my ex girlfriend anymore.

Hi, this is a two part question so just giving you a heads up.

Okay so my girlfriend and I broke up bit over a year now but we still were close friends afterwards. I’ve always knew where we stood on getting back together because she has been quite firm on us not getting back together. Which you know I understand. But lately I’m not sure where we’re standing anymore. Over the past three weeks she has been calling and texting me lot. Usually she’ll just text stuff like rawr, meow and smiley faces. She’s also been sending me a lot of photos of herself. In the three weeks I’ve been sent a picture of her eating cereal, her cat sort of hugging her, her new jammies, a picture of a little icecream man thing hold up a love heart, one of her dyeing her hair, showing off her new jammies, a couple of selfies by the pool and one of her doing a big cheesy smile in the mirror just after the shower, she still had a towel wrapped around her. Then on Monday night she asked if I wanted to go ice skating with her and we had a great time, an absolute great time. And when it was over we were talking in the car park and before she left she kissed me on the cheek. Now I don’t know where we stand anymore because in the past she has been very adamant on where we stood but now I don’t know. Her boyfriend recently broke up with her about a month ago. I don’t want to assume she’s changed her mind in case I’m wrong. Or that I’m a rebound or something. I don’t know, thoughts?

The second question is, is it wrong to be in love with someone but not want to be in a relationship with them? Now I love my ex girlfriend, I’ve been in love with her for the past five months or so. Now I know I’m young and don’t really know what love is but if it’s not love, then it’s pretty damn close. The thing is though, while I love her, if there was a scenario where we could get back together, I’m not sure I would. She’s hurt me a lot both directly and indirectly. Never on purpose mind you but hurt me never the less. And it sounds horrible but while I care the world for her, I feel really hesitant about getting back with her if I could because of how she has hurt me.Don't get me wrong, if we could get back together I'd be thrilled but in saying that, her hurting me just niggles in the back of my head. Is it wrong to love someone but not wanting to be in a relationship?
    • Re: I don’t know where I stand with my ex girlfriend anymore.

J.Loaf wrote:

Hi, this is a two part question so just giving you a heads up.

Okay so my girlfriend and I broke up bit over a year now but we still were close friends afterwards.

That's where I stopped reading. You're her ex, you stand nowhere. It's like the whole "friendzone" thingo.

Protip: There's nothing more unattractive in a guy than a love-lorn obsession with his ex-girlfriend. Just forget her, and either play the field or move on to the next one.
      [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"]..you gave me butterflies..[/SIZE][/FONT]
      [COLOR="Magenta"][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]you had me at hello[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
      [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"]..at the mailbox..[/SIZE][/FONT]

^ yeah, I thought it'd be a nice sentiment to reiterate that in a kinder tone. haha.
      [COLOR="Magenta"][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]you had me at hello[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

logan524 wrote:

megs really? u dont consider me a imture baby in pampers still/ i no u dont

Well, sweetheart, judging from that spelling...