Cutting Is STUPID

• Cutting Is STUPID

When I was in middle school, i used to cut myself, BIG TIME. Only my best friend at the time knew and it was because we shared razors. My cutting started in 6th grade and followed me until the end of my ffreshman year. I am currently a junior. When i finally found a reason to stop, all the reasons why i did seemed so stupid and selfish. I always told myself that i cut myself because it was the only pain that i can control. You cant control emotional pain because it takes over you. But thinking back at the things i cant control were stupid. I cut myself because my mom alwayas worked, my dad left me, nobody in school liked me, people made fun of me, etc. Then i made a mistake in sending a nude photo to a guy and it spread around the school. tried to deny it, but it was all over facebook, the few friends i had werent my friends anymore, my mom resented me and so did my older broter. His friends called me a slut and he was embarressed of me, he didnt want to be seen with me. There was a picture of me and one of my ex friends on facebook and people were saying horrible things about me on it.I cut myself even more and i even attempted suicide... And now that i think about it, it was stupid because i let people control how i felt and you cant let them do that. Wonder why soo many people commit suicide? They let others control them and make them hate themselves. People are so negative about themselves and i dont understand why. People call themselves ugly an stuff and bring themselves down, you just cant o that. Instead of finding a reason to die, find a reason to live.... I found my reason. Everyone else can too. CUTTING IS STUPID DONT LET PEOPLE CONTROL YOU.
    • Re: Cutting Is STUPID

CUTTING IS STUPID DONT LET PEOPLE CONTROL YOU.

Are there people who force people to cut? O.o Since when? :O

But yeah, cutting is stupid. I think if teens didn't know about it, none of them would do it. The only damage I cause myself is digging my nails into my skin so hard that they stay there for days, but that's only when I'm at my angriest which is really rare.
      [CENTER]Ask me a question[/CENTER]

la rubia loca wrote:

what is prolapse?
      is it like pro life?

I wouldn't say cutting is STUPID... I am not trying to say that it's the right way to cope, because it absolutely is not, but I wouldn't call it stupid. Some people start because they feel there is no other answer. They feel that there is no other way to cope with the emotional distress they are going through. And once they start, it's very hard to stop. Cutting can become an addiction, just like smoking or alcoholism. Once you start, it gets harder to stop with every new cut. Some people are able to overcome it on their own, but others need professional help. That's what therapists, psychiatrists, and counselors are here for.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Blue"] Everybody deserves a [COLOR="Magenta"]BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, AMAZING [/COLOR] life. If you don't have that, go out and fight for what you deserve!!!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

Dexter. wrote:

You probably have aids now.

oh yeah totally

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

MBach528 wrote:

I wouldn't say cutting is STUPID... I am not trying to say that it's the right way to cope, because it absolutely is not, but I wouldn't call it stupid. Some people start because they feel there is no other answer. They feel that there is no other way to cope with the emotional distress they are going through. And once they start, it's very hard to stop. Cutting can become an addiction, just like smoking or alcoholism. Once you start, it gets harder to stop with every new cut. Some people are able to overcome it on their own, but others need professional help. That's what therapists, psychiatrists, and counselors are here for.

umm, no dear Cutting is STUPID. "People start because they feel there is no answer" THATS WHY IM SAYING DONT LET PEOPLE CONTROL YOU

Personally I used to cut myself when I was younger. Now day's I just hurt other's via fighting. Man I love kickboxing,MMA,boxing ah yes if I get to hurt someone else I enjoy it.

However I don't really have a reason to be posting this. Honestly I'm just bored but yeah cutting can be stupid if you do it because your depressed but some people get off on it. At least so I've heard. Personally I prefer breaking thing's and punching people.
      Technology is neither good nor bad, nor even neutral. Technology is one part of the complex of relationships that people form with each other and the world around them; it simply cannot be understood outside of that concept.

i guess i see your point there, but think of this:
      if you feel numb and alone, and you're at a point where you can't even feel sadness or anger, would you rather have no feeling at all, or feel pain? it's a personal choice. no one forces you, no one controls you. there are other ways to cope, sure, but people cut for different reasons. it depends on the individul.

xLethalLeAnnex wrote:

i guess i see your point there, but think of this:
      if you feel numb and alone, and you're at a point where you can't even feel sadness or anger, would you rather have no feeling at all, or feel pain? it's a personal choice. no one forces you, no one controls you. there are other ways to cope, sure, but people cut for different reasons. it depends on the individul.

Exactly what I am saying and I admit I started cutting myself to feel pain,excitement basically to feel alive but as I grew to understand myself I learned that yes I am a self loathing person,but I hate many other's more than myself. The way I learned to cope was to 1. Hurt other's before hurting myself and 2. Feel good through thing's like sex and booze.

Now I will admit the way I cope is fucked up like all hell but least I stopped trying to kill myself. Now I vent my emotion's through fighting,sex and the occasional alcoholic beverage.

And why some or most say I'm a damaged,warped and horrible little person I actually think my story is a story of triumph and success. I pretty much cured myself of cutting and that in some way is an inspiration in my opinion so you see my story believe it or not is a happy one.
      Technology is neither good nor bad, nor even neutral. Technology is one part of the complex of relationships that people form with each other and the world around them; it simply cannot be understood outside of that concept.

Cutting isn't stupid; it's a coping mechanism that many teens turn to when they feel they have no other options. I would describe cutting more as sad, desperate and an addiction. Saying it's stupid makes it sound mundane and silly. People have died from self harm and it should be taken as seriously as any other addiction or disease.