Favorite Book Quotes

• Re: Favorite Book Quotes

First time I read that sentence, I remember I had to close my book and think for a minute.

“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.” ― Jack Kerouac, On the Road

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
      ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
    • Re: Favorite Book Quotes

"Say, isn’t that Bob Dylan you have on?"
      "Right," I said. Positively 4th Street.
      "I can tell Bob Dylan in an instant," she said.
      "Because his harmonica’s worse than Stevie Wonder?"
      She laughed again. Nice to know I can still make someone laugh.
      "No, I really like his voice," she said. "It’s like a kid standing at the window watching the rain."
      - Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, Haruki Murakami
    • I have hundreds, here are a few from two of my favourite book series "Wizards first rule" and "The Sword of Truth"
      "sometimes to gain ground you need to slow down."
      "People will believe a lie because they want it to be true or because they're afraid it MIGHT be true."
      "though the road will be long and the outcome unknown, will you undertake this journeyy
      "Dance with me death, for I am ready."
      "Think of the solution not the problem."
      "We all can be only who we are, nothing more, no less."
      "Don't shed tears for those already in the ground, until after you have brought vengeance to those who put them there. There will be time enough then."
      "Women's specialty is to bring forth life, and men's specialty is to take it away." <3
      "History is rarely made by reasonable men."
      "Knowledge is a destination. Truth, the journey."
      "Hurry up and torture me before I fall asleep and miss it."
      "If you get yourself killed trying to rule the world, I will personally break every bone in your body."

"It is only by action in the present that we can change what otherwise will come to pass."
      "Pain is the one experience common to every living thing."
      "Sadness, remorse, love, these feelings make you weak. But anger, loyalty, pride, these feelings make you powerful."
      "If the road is easy, you're likely going the wrong wway"
      6/5/16 - The date i became permanently in love :lovey:
    • AccessDenied wrote:

“The thing I never understood about love is that it can't be quelled, like lust can. With love, if you follow its call, if you give in to it, it just gets worse. The more you have, the deeper you go, the more you need.”

~Emily Maguire, Taming The Beast.
      Thanks B'ni for the Like. You should read Maguire's book. It's a dark tale of sexual power, love and lust and its consequencies. It was one of the most powerful, moving books I've ever read.

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.
    • AccessDenied wrote:

AccessDenied wrote:

“The thing I never understood about love is that it can't be quelled, like lust can. With love, if you follow its call, if you give in to it, it just gets worse. The more you have, the deeper you go, the more you need.”

~Emily Maguire, Taming The Beast.
      Thanks B'ni for the Like. You should read Maguire's book. It's a dark tale of sexual power, love and lust and its consequencies. It was one of the most powerful, moving books I've ever read.
      oooooohhh, sounds intriguing!!!, i'll see if its at the library when i go there tomorrow :)
      6/5/16 - The date i became permanently in love :lovey: