I Always Wondered This...

• I Always Wondered This...

Greetings! This post I guess might be kind of sad and seem whiny but what they hey, I wanted to know. For my fellow gays males out there this question has been on my mind since I met this guy. Let's call him J. J is by far the epitome of things that everybody hates. He's mean, cynical, insults people (an example would be how my friend who has been trying to lose weight for a long time finally dropped down to her target dress size, she was still kind of hefty but it was a great fete all the same, and when she told us about it he happened to be in earshot. He stopped what he was doing and said "are you sure you're done? Because I can still see fat...here," and proceeded to gesture to all of her) but yet he is really good with meeting other guys but...he does the exact same thing to them to. He cheated on his boyfriend and when they got back together he opened half the relationship (so he can do as he pleases but his boyfriend cannot) and he went out of his way to break this guy's heart who he claimed "was just so thirsty he couldn't resist". I guess my real question is, is that how other gay guys want you to act? I mean I can be cynical too when I'm in a bad mood but I'm generally pretty nice when it comes to meeting people but people tend to notice him more when he's so brash. (BTW in terms of looks we're about right on the same level) And I realize how this is starting to sound like a nice guys finish last, I don't plan on not being nice but I was just wondering how other people respond when someone acts like that to you, should I start being a bit more harsh to get guy's attentions? Any decent advice would be fine I guess.I'm kind of new to the whole gay scene so.... :3
    • Re: I Always Wondered This...

I, too, am a gay male. And lemme tell you. That kind of thing is the largest turn-off for me! We should be the most accepting of everyone around! we know what its like to not conform to the "norm" he should realize that and not act like that. I would never change how you act to try and get the attention of someone. Cliche, i know, but it's a very true point! Just because he's gay it doesn't mean that you should like him (even in the platonic sense).

He is not a keeper if he cheats and says all of those mean things. He'll just end up doing it to you too! Stay true to yourself and let that guy be!