University and besides a Job?

• University and besides a Job?

Hello :)
      When I am 19 ( I am 16) I want to go study in England, but I am alone (just with my best Friend and one year later another best friend join us) my parents won't help us because they're hating me to go to another country. Maybe my mom would support me, but not that much. What for an Job I should looking for? I mean I have to study at the same time ... and I have to find a cheap flat in England ( actually london but I heard it's very expensive so maybe near london?) I have to pay EVERYTHING by myself ... It would be AMAZING when I'd know someone in UK where I can live for a couple of days/weeks, but unfortunately I haven't so I really need a job! Any tips?
      And by the way I don't want to go for A year I want to lieve there. To study and after that to become a teacher, you know? Is that possible for an German?
      thanks for any help :D:p:love1:
    • Re: University and besides a Job?

I would suggest doing a study abroad. With this, you study at a university in london or really anywhere in the world you want, and everything is included in the tuition.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

I would suggest doing a study abroad. With this, you study at a university in london or really anywhere in the world you want, and everything is included in the tuition.

This.

Ask at your current school or college (whichever one you German's attend prior to university) if they can help out with finding any information. There is almost certainly someone who will be able to help you with applying for loans/grants in order to support you whilst you study over here in the UK. Or at the very least they might be able to point you towards someone who could help you find stuff out.

I know some guys from a university in France were over here - but Thier university in France organised the exchange year - I think it was called Erasmus - so I guess you have to ask say at your school or university about how to study in the Uk.

But you are right London is very expensive for rent and lliving costs

Just a thought but maybe the German Embassy or similar in the UK could get you some info.
      Jamick is my nickname real name James.

Linda wrote:

So when I have finished my studies I can stay in England or do I have to go back to Germany? Because I actually want to be in England, teaching in primary school and to live there... is that possible??:o:)

Julia0102 wrote:

So when I have finished my studies I can stay in England or do I have to go back to Germany? Because I actually want to be in England, teaching in primary school and to live there... is that possible??:o:)

It should be as Germany is part of the EU and EAA

I suggest you look for the UK Border Agency web site that has a lot of info

sorry I cannot post a link as I do not have many posts
      Jamick is my nickname real name James.

London is indeed very expensive, is there any reason why you want to study in London specifically? There are loads of universities in England, and whilst some might not have the 'academic' reputation as Oxford, Cambridge and some of the London Universities they can actually offer you a better education for becoming a teacher.

There are also different routes into primary school teaching, you can complete a 3 year course which is designed especially for becoming a teacher or a normal degree in a chosen subject, for instance English, +1 additional year 'PGCE' which is a teaching certificate.

If you are able to hold down a job whilst completing your current education I would certainly recommend it as it will be expensive, the skills and maturity you develop would also be great!

Good luck with everything, feel free to PM if you need any more info:)