I think my friend is slightly faking?

• I think my friend is slightly faking?

Today my friend (let's call her K) tripped during basketball and started crying. Well, she was making crying noises & panting but no tears whatsoever. The gym teacher and I carried her over to a bench, where we waited for the school nurse to bring a wheelchair. K told everyone who gathered to see what happened that she dislocated her ankle. I really don't think she did, though, because she was in a squatting position after she fell and if it had been dislocated she wouldn't have been able to put any weight on it. After I told her this, she still insists she did. One of the main reasons I don't really believe her is because almost the exact same situation had already happened before once, but it was the other foot. And in that previous occurrence she had been able to walk & run again after a few days of limping. I think she might just crave the attention cos she brags a lot about having "the cutest new shorts, vest, boots, etc." K also says that my crush (who doesn't even know her, but knows her brother) hits on her all the time and pretends to be grossed out by it (seriously, she's a bad actor). I do care about her, but I just don't really trust her or believe a lot of things she says. Does this make me a bad friend?
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Angela[/FONT]
    • Re: I think my friend is slightly faking?

Ok, first off, she's obviously faking her imjuries and secondly she isn't a good friend if she lies about your crush hitting on her... If anything, it is probably the other way around. She is probably hitting on your crush just because she has the advantages of him knowing her brother. You need to ditch that girl because she is trouble!
    • Re: I think my friend is slightly faking?

isabel215 wrote:

Ok, first off, she's obviously faking her imjuries and secondly she isn't a good friend if she lies about your crush hitting on her... If anything, it is probably the other way around. She is probably hitting on your crush just because she has the advantages of him knowing her brother. You need to ditch that girl because she is trouble!

This.
      I'm currently in the process of ditching this one "friend" (read: I found out too late that I don't want to be friends with her) who was great when I met her. But once I got to know her, I realized there was nothing great about her. All she did was make up things, guilt trip people, and bring up as much drama as possible. Even in band class, she intentionally leaves her flute where she knows her teacher will get mad at her for it for attention.
      On top of that, she's cheating on my friend (one of the sweetest, kindest, and sadly most naive guys I know, he doesn't believe that it's true) for attention. :(