Advice on over ear headphones?

• Advice on over ear headphones?

I need a good/decent pair of over-ear headphones but I'm not really sure what to get. I'm trying to stay under $250 with something that *I can find in stores. I've checked out Beats, but from what they sounded like in stores, they're far too bass-oriented (I like bass, since I listen to a lot of rap and hip-hop), and it sounded like they kind of distorted other acoustic sounds, which is about half of my music. However, I also want good noise isolation (since noise cancellation power source would be too much to deal with since in about a week I'd most likely have listened to an equivalent of 3 days of music, but correct me if I'm wrong). I plan to use these when reading, studying, plane rides, etc. I don't mind a little bit of noise coming through, but with the Sol Republics that I bought a week ago and returned, I felt like I could hear everything that was going on outside when I had my volume three-fourths of the way up. And needless to say, I want them to be durable and comfortable, because otherwise, there's no point in buying them.*
      In short:
      -Good Noise isolation
      -Good bass, but bass that doesn't distort other music
      -Good sound
      -Comfortable and Durable
      -Preferable under $250 and found in stores.
      I don't know if meeting all these requirements would be possible, but any input is greatly appreciated!
      "There are things in this world a man does well to carry to extremes."
      -Cyrano de Bergerac
    • Re: Advice on over ear headphones?

hands down Audio Technica ATH-M50s
      [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U]Amazon.com: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones with Coiled Cable: Musical Instruments[/ame]

Their frequency response is respectably flat and they're comfy. And ~150$
      Buddy of mine convinced me to get them about a year ago and i've been nothing but satisfied since i got them haha. Check out the reviews

The post was edited 3 times, last by Eli Haha ().

I like beats, but I appreciate it may not suit for music. I wouldnt advise skullcandy, they may have changed recently, but i've had several pairs that had just broken out of no fault of mine.

Bose or Sennheiser are good from my experience :)

I bought my headphones not long ago and did some research so I'll list some of them right here.

Seinnheiser HD595
      Audio Technica M50
      Audio Technica ATH-AD700x
      Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro

Personally I would not recommend Beats or Skullcandy.
      "You use your heart as a weapon, and it hurts like Heaven."