how to get rid of pubic hair- girls

• Re: how to get rid of pubic hair- girls

why should you care if your mom knows.. its your own body.
      unless its against a religion you practice and thats why you dont want your mom knowing or your embarassed about it... you said u have tried shaving and using creams and it doesnt work. I suggest when shaving to shave upwards instead of across or down. the chances of getting ingrown hairs are less...
      but I suggest doing that. I started doing that and I dont experience as much irritation now
      [FONT="Tahoma"]Keep Calm And Love Minions <3[/FONT]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Arelia wrote:

Waxing is really painful and can damage your skin. If you're really serious you could get laser hair removal but that can be hard to do without your mum knowing. : /

It's not terribly painful. Secondly, if done right (assuming you go to a licensed esthetician, your hair is long enough, and she follows all the proper protocols) your skin will not be damaged.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

breana2000 wrote:

do you think that waxing the area with wax strips is ok instead of going some place

I'm going to be honest, and this is just me, but I personally wouldn't. Your hair has to be a certain length in order for it to work like it should, and without getting it done professionally, you don't know if its the right length or not. The pubic region is a VERY delicate region when it comes to waxing, it's not something I would take any chances on.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

just tell your mother to drop you off at a nail salon that does Brazilian waxes. by far the best thing to do for ingrown hairs and such.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

also, i do not advise doing a home-waxing kit for reasons already stated, and just because every time ive ever used one ive been too big of a pussy to just rip it off. it's better if you just get someone to do it for you/

I wouldn't go for the waxing method. As was mentioned, your hairs have to be a specific length for that to be done right and you'll have to know how to place the strips in clever ways to optimize your results around the whole area. And you're too young to get it done professionally at some place. Where would you find that money? That shit's expensive.

Here's what to do:
      1. Grow out the hairs. Make sure they're nice n' long again (hot hot hot, I know :P )
      2. Run a comb through your pubes and place it as close to your skin as possible. Then, take scissors and trim whatever appears above the comb. This way, you won't risk cutting yourself and it'll all be cut evenly.
      3. Now, your hair will be a decent and even size. Get a good quality razor and bathe in the tub in HOT water. Stay a few minutes, it'll make this go more smoothly.
      4. Rise out and put some regular soap on the skin and commence the shaving.

This should work a lot better and will help avoid ingrowns. Good luck darlin' :) Enjoy your bald eagle after this

erthal2 wrote:

I wouldn't go for the waxing method. As was mentioned, your hairs have to be a specific length for that to be done right and you'll have to know how to place the strips in clever ways to optimize your results around the whole area. And you're too young to get it done professionally at some place. Where would you find that money? That shit's expensive.

A few things that I just want to point out:

The esthetician measures the hairs, if they're too long then she trims them and if they're too short then she sends you home for a week or two to grow them out. There's no 'legal' age to get a bikini/brazillan wax, age is objective. There's plenty of ways to get the money, and its not astronomically or unreasonably expensive. Shopping around will always help.

-J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

A few things that I just want to point out:

The esthetician measures the hairs, if they're too long then she trims them and if they're too short then she sends you home for a week or two to grow them out. There's no 'legal' age to get a bikini/brazillan wax, age is objective. There's plenty of ways to get the money, and its not astronomically or unreasonably expensive. Shopping around will always help.

Even if you shop around, at 13 I doubt you'll have the means to be going consistently. Her mother would probably have to know about it for it to work out. Shaving, when done properly, is simple, cheap, and gives a good result.

erthal2 wrote:

Even if you shop around, at 13 I doubt you'll have the means to be going consistently. Her mother would probably have to know about it for it to work out. Shaving, when done properly, is simple, cheap, and gives a good result.

I guess it really depends. Some parents would be okay with it, others not. Shaving is all fine and dandy but it doesn't always look 100%. Ie: razor burn, ingrown hairs, you miss a few hairs here and there, you have to do it pretty often, etc.

-J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

I guess it really depends. Some parents would be okay with it, others not. Shaving is all fine and dandy but it doesn't always look 100%. Ie: razor burn, ingrown hairs, you miss a few hairs here and there, you have to do it pretty often, etc.

Yeah, if she wanted her mom to know about it, things would be a lot easier. I can't blame her for wanting to conceal it though. Haha, I think a mother's first reaction would be something like "Wait, WHY do you want the hair gone? WHO do you plan on showing the area to?"