Where can I learn Hungarian?

• Where can I learn Hungarian?

I'm 1/4 Hungarian, and always have been very proud of my heritage and culture. Ever since I was little, it's been my dream to learn the language. Only one member of my family in Hungary speaks English, and even then, she isn't very good at it.
      There are no schools offering Hungarian courses that I know of in my area. I'm applying to Indiana U next year, because they have them (plus Hungarian Studies) in addition to the other fields I want to study. However, History and Secondary Education (What I want to major in) can be found at thousands more colleges than Hungarian. If I don't make it into IU, I still want to find a way to learn my dream language.
      Any good sites that will teach me more than just the very basics? Or a site that sells textbooks/flashcards/worksheet templates for more obscure languages?
    • Re: Where can I learn Hungarian?

Citky wrote:

Keep in mind that Hungarian is probably the hardest European language there is, so you're gonna need a lot of dedication.

I've heard that. I once noticed in a Hungarian grammar book I found in a store that the conjugation was a lot like Spanish and the sentence structure was just like Japanese. I've been taking Spanish lessons for 5 years and Japanese ones for 2, so hopefully I can use that information to help me. (I LOVE languages :p)

My grandpa also taught me how to pronounce any Hungarian word properly. (Well, properly with a strong American accent.) I can technically read it, I just have no clue what it says.

Thank you for the link! :D