I have no idea how to handle this...

• I have no idea how to handle this...

Just under a month ago, I got a new girlfriend, and let me tell you that if she isn't the most gorgeous girl I've ever met, then I don't know who is. We're quickly growing close together, and I'm happier than ever. However there is a problem involving my ex (of course). She's got a boyfriend too, and I didn't mind that, however she's beginning to...I don't know exactly how to put this...act up I guess would be the term. I could tell she wasn't happy to see my girlfriend and I together for her first time, and I can tell that she thinks my girlfriend is much prettier than her. I keep trying to get my ex and her boyfriend to go on a double date with me and my girlfriend; the boyfriend is all in about that, but my ex refuses to even be near my girlfriend. Obviously she's jealous, even if she's in a relationship too, and Im not enjoying it because she's kinda taking it out on me too. What can I do about this?
      Life's short, but it's also very good.
      So do your best to make it better:)
    • Re: I have no idea how to handle this...

You can stop talking to your ex, worrying about what she thinks, and trying to get her to like your new girlfriend. Everything you're trying to do just has bad situation all over it. Forget about your ex and trying to make her happy, she's NOT your current girlfriend and that's who you should be concerned about. It sounds like your ex is just pissed to see you happy and with someone else, that's to be expected, but you can't keep putting your efforts in to making your ex happy.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling
    • Re: I have no idea how to handle this...

My ex is like a second sister to me and we've known each other since gradeschool. I'll try talking to her even less now that this is happening, but I'm afraid that she'll start taking even more of her jealousy on my afterwards. Oh well, I guess she's just gotta deal with it.
      Life's short, but it's also very good.
      So do your best to make it better:)