How to get a life?

• How to get a life?

Literally. I spend all day at home doing nothing but crying and being depressed and upset. I have no friends, never have. I've been applying for jobs all summer long and no one will hire me. I'm home schooled and my parents don't allow me to play team sports or go to public school. Theyre very strict and basically don't allow me to leave the house or do anything where they can't keep an eye on me. I'm only 16 so I have to abide by their rules. And when I say parents, I mean my mom because my dad just goes along with whatever she says.

So, what do I do? Every time I bring up the subject of going to school my mom stars shouting about how horrible and nightmare-ish public school is. But I'd rather be there than home all day. She even gives me all A's in every subject even if I fail, and I never do math (algebra and geometry) because no one in my family knows it and we can't afford a tutor so my mom just passes me anyway. I just wanna go to school, make friends, and play a sport. That's all I'm asking for but it's impossible for my situation. What do I do? Keep arguing with her or just give up?
    • Re: How to get a life?

Oh, ouch... your mom is choking you off from the world. You need to tell her how you feel in an absolutely blunt manner. Don't bring up school since that obviously sets her off, but start instead by doing your parents a lot of favours. Be unusually helpful. As cliche as that is to get on a parent's good side, it'll really get their attention. Keep at it for some time. If they don't ask what's up, at the end of the week, tell your dad alone that you need to talk to him. Your father, not your mother, alone. Tell him how you feel, then tell him you're going to talk to your mom about it tomorrow. He'll know what's going on and he may stand up for you just a little bit. The next day, go to your mom and talk to her with your father. Tell her alone first that you need to talk to her and dad. Say something to the effect of "Mom, I need friends. I'm so depressed, I do nothing but cry and feel sorry for myself because it hurts to be this alone. You're my family, I have you, but I also need friends. You're choking me off from the world by keeping me locked inside this house. I'll be a stunted adult if you don't let me grow up and out of the house once in a while to socialize and do what I want to do." Tell her you'll never stop fighting or working to get what you need - friends and a life. Keep your head on your shoulders and put your foot down. This is your life and future at stake.

You can't get a life as long as you're under your mother's roof. I'm sorry.

Move as soon as possible, and then you can get a life.. Which would mean making friends, getting a job, going to college, going out, doing stuff except crying, being depressed and being online.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]He holds me in his big arms
      Drunk and I am seeing stars
      This is all I think of
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

Internet will never be similar to real life. Public schools are not Heaven on Earth, but they are much better than nothing as you have the huge opportunity to make friends and learn what's good and bad. Don't be afraid, focus on your needs and go to talk openly to your parents. They are over protective with you, but they will eventually understand that isolation and education are not the same thing.

Your mother is ruining your life. I understand that parents need to be protective, but your education is suffering too. Staying at home all day long won't teach you essential life skills that involves dealing with other people. You may take the help of other grown ups in your family, like your Aunt or a grandparent or something, to make your mother see some sense.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:[/CENTER]

:love1:

Ugh I hate the feeling of being alone:( but lemme tell you somethin love, public school can be even lonelier. I have very few friends out of all the people in my school. At least you have a reason, you're not even allowed to be anywhere where you can meet people. I am around so many people every day and it's still hard to find a friend. So love dont think its that easy. Plus if you have people around then you have to deal with bullying, and thats a blessing you have right now that you don't have to deal with it. If you want a job you could work online, I'm sure there's ways to make money. And love, as for getting out of the house, take very small baby steps. Instead of being locked inside, gentle suggest the motion of maybe just spending an hour outside in the fresh air in your backyard. Then maybe offer to do things like take out the trash or get the mail so you can be near the road. Eventually, your mom will get used to you not being in the house. Then maybe you could ask to ride your bike down the street and back. She can even watch if she wants. Just slowly bring up more and more small ways that will help you break out. And love if you really are open to new friends you can always text me:) kik me sushi_otaku or if you don't have a kik pm me and I'll give you my cell phone number.:) good luck love<3

what you need is IRL friends, and a hobby. take up whatever you want- just start doing it. explain to your parents that you feel a certain way and that you just want to be able to do some of the things -you- want to do. I understand they will interrupt your sentences and bring up points over and over;

so write a letter. read and re-read, try and express yourself. dont be afraid to ramble or jump around- but by the time you "touch it up" make sure its coherent and gets your point across. THEN talk with them, respectfully. If that doesnt work, or they simply cant see where you are coming from/wont listen:

Follow your heart. You'll know what to do. Just be yourself, regardless of outside influences. (thats goes for friends as well as family)

start to take walks-
      join a science or engineering club. Hell, maybe just spend time in a library!
      (why did i say that? because you don't take math. TAKE CHARGE! 'be the change'. Apply yourself. If they wont or cant teach you something- learn it anyways.)
      start to experiment and create things. have little projects.

Having 'a life' is just like being an Admin in one of my game clans :D
      The key is to be social, active, and responsible.
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Sorrow ().