Bands that are NOT Christian Rock

• Bands that are NOT Christian Rock

I love Red, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and Close to Home but I hate that most of those bands are Christian. No I don't care that the people are Christian, but I do care that their genre is Christian Rock.

I was wondering if you guys knew any bands similar to them (sound wise) but are NOT Christian Rock bands. I want Rock music though. Thanks for your help.
    • Re: Bands that are NOT Christian Rock

As someone who isn't a Christian, I don't really care if a band is Christian rock if the music is still good (Skillet and As I Lay Dying come to mind) so I'd say try and get over that if you can.

In response to your question though: Evans Blue, Story of the Year, Alesana, The Used, For All Those Sleeping, Three Days Grace. You also might want to explore these other bands that are a bit different from your taste, but inside the same genre: Breaking Benjamin, Smile Empty Soul, 12 Stones, Sick Puppies.

I'd recommend getting a last.fm profile. It takes the music you listen to and recommends you new artists based on your taste.
    • Re: Bands that are NOT Christian Rock

Thanks for the list. I'll be looking them up soon! And I'll definitely be checking out that website.

The only reason I'm reluctant to listening to Christian music is because when I was younger I always felt pressured to become a Christian. I honestly think if it weren't for those people who tried to convert me I'd probably care less if it was Christian music or not.