Why do we have a point of view?

• Why do we have a point of view?

Believe me there isn't an easy way to word this.

I'll try to explain:
      I believe people are like machines in that we do things because of how we are programmed. I'm no neurological scientist, but I get the big picture that it's how are brains are wired up that causes us to react to stimuli the way we do.

What I keep thinking about is that if we are just robots of flesh and blood so to speak, then why am I here? I being this mind. Why do I experience.
      If you're not following me, I'll give the example of we don't tend to think a computer is alive. It carries out it's own processes, it does things, you stimulate it and it reacts because that's what it is programmed to do. But we would never say it has a mind. That there is something there that is experiencing. Experiencing being the best word I can think of. Something knowing or thinking that it's there and that it's doing things.

My mind's (unrelated to post) gone off track, I'll try and remember what I was going to type next but hopefully I can get some responses from this. Thank you, if you did, for suffering my writings in their entirety.
    • Re: Why do we have a point of view?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you are describing the philosophical "mind-body problem"; the examination of the relationship between consciousness and the brain, as well as between mind and matter.
      Unfortunately, we have yet to completely understand the nature of consciousness.. but there are plenty of different theories by many different kinds of experts and professionals. If you are interested I would be more than happy to provide you with some sources or give you my own personal understanding on the subject from what I have read/learned.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

"Why do we have a point of view?"

What would we do without a point of view?

Consider:

The traditional 2-dimensional map of the world.

We would have no compass directions.
      We would have no sense of where anything is.
      We would have no manner for understanding traveling from place to place.

Consider:

Classical Physics

We would have no sense of position, therefore no velocity, therefore no acceleration.
      We would have no motion at all. We would have no dimensions of space, even.

Consider:

Logic

We would have no sense of reasoning. Every time we reason, we do it based on our experience (point of view) of the world. That contradictions aren't possible. That, if a contradiction were possible, then the principle of explosion applies. That, if A implies B, and A is the case, then B is the case. All of this would fall by the wayside.

Point of view is absolutely necessary in every facet of what we do. Without point of view, the fundamental notions that we take for granted, the ones that allow us to think abstractly - they all fall apart.

Sorry for the bump but i think there is more to be got out of this.
      I'll reiterate the point to see if this makes more sense. It is my opinion that we are merely machines, so to speak. What I mean is the way we are constructed, our anatomy, is set up so that we can function. So that we can do what humans do: eat, sleep, procreate. Just like a computer is a machine, it is put together so that it can do what made to do. What I'm saying is we don't have free will, in the exact same way you would never say a computer has free will. What we do, by which I mean every single thing a person does - our body functions and even how we think - is determined by how we are set up. By every single tiniest thing that makes us us in a moment in time. I hope you know what I mean now when I suppose that we are nothing more or less than machines.

If this is the case then the question is why do we have a mind, a consciousness, something that makes us experience the world from the inside looking out? We would not say this of a computer. Even if the computer has a webcam, like we have eyes, so it can detect the outside world. There is nothing inside of it.

A kind of linked question I would like to ask is why am I me and not you? By which I mean my consciousness/my mind/whatever it is called that i have been trying to describe is inside of this body. Hence I experience the world from me the body. If we can assume our minds are separate entities from each other, why was I the thing placed in me the body. As opposed to you, or anyone else, or any thing that else that can experience the world from it's point of view. I imagine us as jars on a conveyor belt, each being filled with a different consciousness/mind/the thing I've tried to describe. If my consciousness was placed into a different jar (body) then I would have been someone else. Meaning I the consciousness would experience the world from another body. My point of view would be different.
      i. e. I could just as well have been you as me, or anyone else. There was an equal chance I would have been any individual organism with a mind/consciousness.
      Do you agree? Or do you believe there is a reason that you the consciousness is inside you the body?

If whot, sorry for my English :D.
      The brain - neural network. She learns. Even there are mechanical (computer) models of these neurons. Depending on external conditions, weight change of neurons, thereby rearranging our minds, our thoughts. If you think about it deeply, it is not strashno.Becouse, we loved dependent on external conditions. Even if the cells would not mind neurons and something else. How do we draw conclusions? I first look around. Then in my brain neurons are looking for the way out. That is, neurons, this is me. My consciousness. If you are a very interesting look at more vikipidii. Artificial neural network works almost the same as the present. As described above, this is a model of a neural network. Link: en. wik ipe dia. org/w iki/Artific ia l_n eural_ ne tw ork :D