I can't help us both

• I can't help us both

I have a friend who lost her brother a few years ago and I've been trying really hard to keep her from slipping back into depression. I was glad to help but it takes so much effort to keep up both ends of the friendship. Two weeks ago today I lost my great grandfather who I was really close to. He was 101 years old so taking care of him and constantly watching him made him a big part of my life. I have been depressed and not myself. I feel bad because I feel like I have ditches my friend but I am too exhausted mentally and emotionally to try to keep both of us together.

There is no one else I can talk to. This loss has made me realize how my friendships are pretty much one way. I would bend over backwards for any of them but they don't even call or text to see how I am doing. I kinda just wanna give up on them as friends if they only acknowledge me when they have problems.
      What do I do?
      *I apologize for the long post*
    • Re: I can't help us both

TheOneBehindTheMask wrote:

I have a friend who lost her brother a few years ago and I've been trying really hard to keep her from slipping back into depression. I was glad to help but it takes so much effort to keep up both ends of the friendship. Two weeks ago today I lost my great grandfather who I was really close to. He was 101 years old so taking care of him and constantly watching him made him a big part of my life. I have been depressed and not myself. I feel bad because I feel like I have ditches my friend but I am too exhausted mentally and emotionally to try to keep both of us together.

There is no one else I can talk to. This loss has made me realize how my friendships are pretty much one way. I would bend over backwards for any of them but they don't even call or text to see how I am doing. I kinda just wanna give up on them as friends if they only acknowledge me when they have problems.
      What do I do?
      *I apologize for the long post*

Okay hunny.. If shes not there for you after your going threw this tough time then shes not your friend at all. I know its hard to accept becuase you bended over backwards for her but you need to let the friendship go. Its sounds like your the only one trying to keep the friendship going. Which is really mentally exhausting. I have been in this situation a few times. You need to do what is best for you now and let go of the friendship. If they only acknowledge me when they have problems then they are using you. You said you have no one else to talk to? If you EVER need someone to talk to . you can PM me okay? ill be here.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

sorry i ment you not me in that one sentence *