Should Muslims be allowed in the military

• Should Muslims be allowed in the military

I got a friend that has joined the marines and is about to be shipped out but for the past couple of weeks, he has been assisting a recruiter. Every time a Muslim guy wearing a veil comes in though and tries to sign up, him and his recruiter boss say no.

This got me thinking, should religious Islamic peoples be allowed to join the military? I say FUCK NO... but that's just me...
    • Re: Should Muslims be allowed in the military

O.J. Simpson wrote:

Jews don't join the military anyway

But in reality, most Muslims who move to the US do so because they think they will be securing their future, and their family's. Most of the time they move to America because they want to get away from the extremists, not become one (it's only a very few amount of muslims that actually come to America, or Canada for that matter, for terrorist acts). I know a Muslim who joined the Canadian army, he posted on facebook it was because he loves this country, and also wants to go back to his home country and rid it of the things which he considers makes it terrible and an unfit place to live. I think American Muslims would think the same, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Bhenji wrote:

But in reality, most Muslims who move to the US do so because they think they will be securing their future, and their family's. Most of the time they move to America because they want to get away from the extremists, not become one (it's only a very few amount of muslims that actually come to America, or Canada for that matter, for terrorist acts). I know a Muslim who joined the Canadian army, he posted on facebook it was because he loves this country, and also wants to go back to his home country and rid it of the things which he considers makes it terrible and an unfit place to live. I think American Muslims would think the same, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Their mission is to bomb the U.S.
      So they try and make people think they are good.
      "As in heaven as on Earth, we've been dead since our birth" -Hollywood Undead

Bhenji wrote:

That's great and all, but their religion still makes them inherently inferior morals wise and there's no reason to trust them haha

The bombest wrote:

Their mission is to bomb the U.S.
      So they try and make people think they are good.

You're really ignorant.

O.J. Simpson wrote:

That's great and all, but their religion still makes them inherently inferior morals wise and there's no reason to trust them haha

Maybe not inferior, perhaps less trustworthy morals wise. Just like Christians, most of them do not take everything the quran says to heart. It's only the extremists who live by exactly what their religion says. Out of all the Muslims in the world, how many of them have actually gone through with Jihad? How many actually even complete their pilgrimage? Most (I live in a neighborhood that has a fair amount of muslim people) are just everyday people living their lives.

I hate when people compare Islam to Christianity. A much, much larger percentage of Muslims believe their holy book is literal compared to Christians. A majority of Muslims want Sharia Law. How can you justify that? Does Christianity have crazy people in it? Sure. But I'm betting that 99% of Christians wouldn't be okay with the things that are allowed in Sharia.

Most Muslims want Sharia law, split on interpretation: study – The Express Tribune

It's a damn shame that the 19% have to ruin it for the 81%, isn't it? :lol: If it makes you feel any better, I'm opposed to all religion...but all the evidence backs up the claim that Islam is the most damaging. Do you think it's wrong to be opposed to Islamification?

Look at what's happened in Europe over the past decade. :nono:

O.J. Simpson wrote:

It's a damn shame that the 19% have to ruin it for the 81%, isn't it? :lol: If it makes you feel any better, I'm opposed to all religion...but all the evidence backs up the claim that Islam is the most damaging. Do you think it's wrong to be opposed to Islamification?

Look at what's happened in Europe over the past decade. :nono:

Yeah I agree in that respect. That's why every muslim I know absolutely despises the idiot extremists who basically have ruined it for every normal, hard working muslim person. I'm opposed to religion as well, and yeah, I do agree that Islam has had the most damaging effect to our world in modern days, but generalizing all muslims by the acts of a small percentage of them isn't right.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bhenji ().

V1NC3 wrote:

Muslim guy wearing a veil

I'm pretty sure only female Muslims wear the veil, unless something has changed.

And if the female Muslim is determined to wear the veil, then yes, they shouldn't allow them simply because of the grooming/uniform standards of the military.

As for Muslim guys, well, I don't really care. As long as they don't mind not praying their 5 times a day (and I mean that in the most non-mocking way possible), especially during boot, then let them. Although Rob's right, extremists would probably like to infiltrate it just to turn on us.

It's a war against Muslims. If you were alive during WWII, would you want a German to fight with you? Or a Japanese? Not saying they didn't; they most certainly did, but all I'm saying, we have to be careful in this day and age where you DO have things like suicide attacks and religious extremism.
      [SIGPIC]http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sean-connery-id-give-a-fuck-but-i-already-gave-it-to-your-mother-last-night.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Having been through the whole dealio of my dad being on Ft. Hood when the shooting happened in '09 and a bunch of other related stuff, I know I have an extreme bias against muslims in the military. I don't think they should necessarily be banned because within any religion people's beliefs vary, but it would be justified to subject self-proclaimed Muslims, particularly immigrants, to some sort of interview or extra training before they're accepted to active duty.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!