love my best friend?

• love my best friend?

ok, so I have been friends with this guy who we will call R since I was 12 and I'm now 19. When I was 12 I was obsessed at the time it felt like I loved him but obviously I was only young so it turned out to be nothing.

Then I stopped feeling what ever I felt for him and moved on to someone else for 5 years called J, still remaining friends with R. I have always thought that R was hot and was different from every other guy I knew.

Just a few months ago I told R that I had grown feelings for him again, he then admitted that he didn't feel the same way, I said fair enough I understand, can we not make things awkward...He agreed..

A few days after that he had completely stopped responding to me and whenever he did respond he was so blunt I couldn't even carry on a conversation longer than 2 minutes unlike how we used to be.
      So after all this ignoring going on I decided fuck it, he clearly doesn't even want to be friends with me so I give up....

3 months have gone by and he has contacted me, video called me and all sorts and he said he was sorry and that he felt bad for his absence as a friend over the past 3 months, he said he felt awkward, which I understand.

Since of my 19 years of living I have had plenty of friends drift away or fall out with or whatever. It is completely new to have an old friend come back and apologise.... If he felt awkward why did he come back? It's not as if I was closer to him than any of my other friends?

SOME ONE HELP! MY FRIENDS SAYS HE LIKES ME BUT WONT ADMIT IT CAUSE I WAS GOING OUT WITH ONE OF HIS FRIENDS A WHILE AGO!

If he knows how I feel why does he keep talking to me then ignoring me and going back and forth? it doesnt make sense. please dont say 'JUST TALK TO HIM' cause i want to know what it sounds like to all you guys....

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!