My Best Friend Told Me I need to dress more like a girl. ?

• My Best Friend Told Me I need to dress more like a girl. ?

So, I've never really been into wearing skirts and into wearing dresses and heels.
      I don't like the way I look into them, and It's just not me. I'm a girl, you know I do my hair and wear makeup. I don't paint my nails or toes. But I also have a tomboyish side. I like to work on cars, and shoot guns, and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. I don't dress like a guy. I'm not a prissy priss and I'm not a tom boy I'm somewhere in the middle.

Okay, so anyways my best friend doesn't do any of those things I mentioned above,
      she wears heels, and dresses, and skirts. Tonight we were shopping and I was looking at this shirt and she said that's not really you, that's more girly. Sometimes you dress like a tomboy or something. I was like um okay, I'm not going to always get dressed up I don't see the point in it. The thing is, my mom has been saying the same thing she will say why don't you try when you leave the house. I honestly don't have anywhere that I need to get dressed up for. Where I've usually been going most days is my mom's office and my parents own their own company and I just see the point in getting all fancied up. It just annoys me.

Earlier today I was looking at dresses and skirts and I was like these are cute but I would never wear them. They would just sit in my closet. I don't have anywhere I need to get all dressed up for the only place I am going to be going regularly is community college, but it's not a fashion show. People don't really care what I look like or what I'm wearing.

I just don't see the point of getting all dressed up for no reason. It's not like all I wear is hoodies and sweats, but ugh I'm just annoyed that they are both saying this.

I just don't what I should. I'm not going to change myself, I am who I am and I look how I dress.
    • Re: My Best Friend Told Me I need to dress more like a girl. ?

Dressing up more "girly" may end up well for her but it doesn't mean it will be advantagous for another individual. This is completely fine because everyone has their own style and prefrences.

If you don't see the point like you said, then don't be so quick to jump on the band wagon. Trust your instincts.
    • Re: My Best Friend Told Me I need to dress more like a girl. ?

Dress how you want to dress, who cares what your friends say.

Obviously being a boy I don't dress up a whole lot, but even still I'd much rather wear sweats than jeans just because they're soooo comfy...