Should I give up?

• Re: Should I give up?

Pink_ wrote:

Because I already love him! :( Why should I have to give up something so special that I've devoted my life to for the past 2 years?

You don't know what love is. A fifteen year old falling in love with a married retired guy isn't love at all. He wants it young and tight and probably hasn't gotten anything in quite a while, simply said.

I hope this is trolling.

Yes you should give up.

He's willing to have an emotional affair on his wife and kids.
      That alone should show you his lack of respect for what that sort of commitment is supposed to mean.

That,combined with the fact that you're a minor (legally considered a child in other words) and he thinks that any sort of relationship like that with you is appropriate is also worrying. It could very well be that the only thing keeping him from going to jail for statutory rape is the fact that there's a physical distance keeping him away from you.

Again, worrying.

Edit: Just read your last post.
      17 is legal in New York maybe, but is HE in New York? because laws differ from state to state.

Either way, still worrying that a grown ass man feels the need to indulge in a girl as young as he can find without it being illegal rather than a woman closer to his own age.
      EditEdit: Not to mention, when you started the relationship you weren't of legal age.

He won't leave his wife and kids because he doesn't want to leave his wife and kids.
      If he did, he would.
      You're just an easy fantasy on the side and it makes him feel good that he can string you along.
      June 26 2010<3

The post was edited 3 times, last by Shonna ().

Shonna wrote:

Yes you should give up.

He's willing to have an emotional affair on his wife and kids.
      That alone should show you his lack of respect for what that sort of commitment is supposed to mean.

That,combined with the fact that you're a minor (legally considered a child in other words) and he thinks that any sort of relationship like that with you is appropriate is also worrying. It could very well be that the only thing keeping him from going to jail for statutory rape is the fact that there's a physical distance keeping him away from you.

Again, worrying.

Edit: Just read your last post.
      17 is legal in New York maybe, but is HE in New York? because laws differ from state to state.

Either way, still worrying that a grown ass man feels the need to indulge in a girl as young as he can find without it being illegal rather than a woman closer to his own age.

His kids are all grown up with their own kids so it's not that big a deal.
      No, he lives in Massachusetts, where the age of consent is 16. :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with the age difference at all. Why should I only have to fall in love with guys that are around my age?

Pink_ wrote:

His kids are all grown up with their own kids so it's not that big a deal.
      No, he lives in Massachusetts, where the age of consent is 16. :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with the age difference at all. Why should I only have to fall in love with guys that are around my age?

Wonderful, so at the ripe old age of 17, you're dating a grandpa and think it's all well and good because his children are all grown up, like they stop having feelings once they enter adulthood. -_-'

Yummy.
      What a great example he's setting for his children and grandchildren.

"Get married, it's great. You can cheat on your spouse with someone young enough to be your kid/grandkid."

The age difference is the least of your problems kid.
      You're "dating" someone who shows he's more than willing and able to cheat on his significant other with the first little bitty who comes along without age lines.

What a winner.
      June 26 2010<3

Shonna wrote:

Wonderful, so at the ripe old age of 17, you're dating a grandpa and think it's all well and good because his children are all grown up, like they stop having feelings once they enter adulthood. -_-'

Yummy.
      What a great example he's setting for his children and grandchildren.

"Get married, it's great. You can cheat on your spouse with someone young enough to be your kid/grandkid."

The age difference is the least of your problems kid.
      You're "dating" someone who shows he's more than willing and able to cheat on his significant other with the first little bitty who comes along without age lines.

What a winner.

He seems young though, he's in good shape and hardly looks past 50.
      I never said that, but it's not like he's raising children anymore so it's different. I'm not saying it's right what we're doing but I love him so much.

What do you mean, "dating" ? We actually are... and it's not like he was trying to find some jailbait and I['m the first girl he came across. It started off by me tweeting him just saying I enjoyed his work and shared most of his opinions. He tweeted back and we eventually ended up talking about several things, mainly politics but it slowly led into more personal topics and yeah, the rest is history.

lol seeming young and being young are two different things.
      Fact remains that he's definitely past 50(which makes him at least nearing retirement age)
      My husband's aunt went for an older man once too.
      She was 33, he was 52. Sure they lasted a few years and all was great, but eventually he wanted his life to slow down. He wanted to move into a seniors community, play canasta every Saturday, etc.
      Even if she WANTED to give up her thriving career and busy life that she loved, she wouldn't be able to live with him because she wasn't a senior and that was the end of that lmao.

That's great that you think you love him.
      But I'm betting his wife who has been married to him for years and has bared his children loves him too, and since he's married to HER, that makes you the home wrecker.
      Sorry, but that's the only way people are going to see it.

I say "dating" because as I said before, if he WANTED to leave his wife for you, he would. Males aren't ruled by their brains like females are. They don't over-analyze and play out a million different situation in their head. If his reputation was really that important to him, he wouldn't risk it by having an affair with a child in the first place.

If a guy wants to have some broad on the side and he thinks he can get away with it, he'll do it. It might be dating to you, but for him, you can bet it's just some fun fantasy that he would never go through with because he knows that fucking things up with his wife for a girl who isn't even old enough to vote would end badly in every way.
      June 26 2010<3

Shonna wrote:

lol seeming young and being young are two different things.
      Fact remains that he's definitely past 50(which makes him at least nearing retirement age)
      My husband's aunt went for an older man once too.
      She was 33, he was 52. Sure they lasted a few years and all was great, but eventually he wanted his life to slow down. He wanted to move into a seniors community, play canasta every Saturday, etc.
      Even if she WANTED to give up her thriving career and busy life that she loved, she wouldn't be able to live with him because she wasn't a senior and that was the end of that lmao.

Yes but I don't judge anyone based on their age.
      Well he is extremely wealthy so it's not like I would need to work or worry about giving up a career.

Shonna wrote:

That's great that you think you love him.
      But I'm betting his wife who has been married to him for years and has bared his children loves him too, and since he's married to HER, that makes you the home wrecker.
      Sorry, but that's the only way people are going to see it.

Doesn't mean he loves HER though.

Shonna wrote:

I say "dating" because as I said before, if he WANTED to leave his wife for you, he would. Males aren't ruled by their brains like females are. They don't over-analyze and play out a million different situation in their head. If his reputation was really that important to him, he wouldn't risk it by having an affair with a child in the first place.

He can't leave his wife right now for me because I still live with my parents. Also, how come he's keeping this relationship with me if he won't ever leave his wife?

Shonna wrote:

If a guy wants to have some broad on the side and he thinks he can get away with it, he'll do it. It might be dating to you, but for him, you can bet it's just some fun fantasy that he would never go through with because he knows that fucking things up with his wife for a girl who isn't even old enough to vote would end badly in every way.

It's not like we've had sex though! and I can basically vote.