Do I have depression? :/

• Do I have depression? :/

well I am really sensitive and emotional for a start. If I drop something I will just burst out crying and feel worthless! Is this stress or depression? I self harm as well but I am about 2 weeks clean. I don't get on with my family especially my mum :/ Anyway do I have depression or is it just stress?
    • Re: Do I have depression? :/

LOL I didn't realize I was.
      But seriously, what exactly are people hoping for with these threads?

"Yes, we are sorry to inform you that based on our 20+ years of professional experience, you do indeed have depression. Here is an imaginary prescription for free Zoloft. Have a nice day~"

It's the same as the "Am I pregnant?" threads.
      Are we a virtual pee stick now?

The only way these people are going to get real help is by seeing a doctor.
      Plain and simple. All we can do is tell them to see said doctor, and really, if people lack the intelligence to even work out that sweet little idea, they're doomed anyway.
      June 26 2010<3

Shonna wrote:

"Yes, we are sorry to inform you that based on our 20+ years of professional experience, you do indeed have depression. Here is an imaginary prescription for free Zoloft. Have a nice day~"

Plain and simple. All we can do is tell them to see said doctor, and really, if people lack the intelligence to even work out that sweet little idea, they're doomed anyway.

She was just asking for advice to see if anyone has been through the same thing and if we know how to help fix the problem. Calling this person stupid and psychotic is bitchy.

Being a bitch is just something I'll have to live with then.
      Oh well.

My point still stands.
      Plus, she didn't ask for people's experiences, she asked specifically whether she has depression or stress.
      Unless there's a psychologist among our numbers, nobody here is qualified to answer her question which more or less renders the thread pointless.
      June 26 2010<3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shonna ().

Shonna wrote:

Shonna wrote:

Oh well.

My point still stands.
      Plus, she didn't ask for people's experiences, she asked specifically whether she has depression or stress.
      Unless there's a psychologist among our numbers, nobody here is qualified to answer her question which more or less renders the thread pointless.

The question "am I depressed" is asked in two ways;
      1) confusion. So much stuff going on, you seriously don't know your own emotions. This is common. "What is this feeling..."
      2) a subtle call for help.
      3) asking for a diagnosis.

The diagnosis does, of course, require a Psychologist. But the emotion and state of being is self-evident.

You are sad, you are 'depressed', you are 'stressed', and you want to talk about it.

So- come on. I'm listening. We all are. Tell us whatever you wish to say.
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net

Shonna wrote:

Oh well.

My point still stands.

So you happily admit that you're a bitch? Espeically people in a pretty vulnerable state asking for help.

She isnt expecting a professional opinion, she's expecting some fucking human decency and to atleast listen to her concerns, share experience and offer suggestions.

Bitch.

I agree with DreamAgain and you should seek professional help. One thing I would add is stay AWAY from alcohol as a self-medication - you say you drink to "just to feel nothing" - thats how you start your journey towards alcoholism. I have been there and now an addict and struggling. Please do NOT drink alcohol to medicate you - its only temporary and its also a depressant.

Shonna wrote:

Someone please remind me not to ask this "bitch" for advice