Am I in the wrong?

• Am I in the wrong?

I do not feel comfortable with my husband's mother keeping our son. My mother is the only one that has kept him since he has been born. My husband and I have been together 2 1/2 years as of next month. We got married in July of this year so everything I'm about to say has happened all in the 2 1/2 years that me and my husband have been together. One day she "asked" my husband why everyone has gotten to keep him except for her. I called her out on it for assuming that and now it's like WWII all over again. This isn't the first time she has assumed something. My reasons for not feeling comfortable with him watching our son is because of the choices she has made regarding her own kids. Keep in mind, her 2 youngest kids are autistic. She doesn't even have the 2 youngest kids right now because their father apparently got temporary custody of them and moved to a different state with them. She doesn't have a car or a job. She lost one of her jobs because she thought it was more important to sleep with a guy over having a job to support her kids (this has been the longest job she had in the 2 1/2 years that me and my husband have been together). She then started dating another guy who drank, smoked pot, popped/snorted pills and allowed him to be around her children! Her daughter also went to her and accused this guy of showing her his dick and touching her inappropriately. I honestly don't think he did because I think her dad put that into her head, but we'll never know whether it truly happened or not. She said, "we never really know someone until it's too late." I even told her that she shouldn't have known that he was going to what he did to her daughter (whether he actually did it or not), but she knew he drank, smoked pot, did pills and STILL allowed him around her kids. She even allowed her 17 year old son to smoke pot with the guy. The 17 year old son is a completely different person than when me and my husband started dating and I honestly think this guy had a lot to do with it. I have seen him recently talk to his mom like a dog and she just sits there and takes it without saying anything or doing anything about it. The guy also had 8 children of his own some of which got taken away from him and the mother's because they were unfit parents due to drugs and whatnot. He also spent a little over a month in jail while they were dating because he failed to go to court for child support. She wouldn't work while dating him because he didn't want her to because he wanted to support himself, his habits, his 8 kids, her, her mother, and 3 of her kids on his salary from working at Shoney's (a buffet). She had gotten a job and only worked there for 2 days before not going back. Her reasoning was they told her they only hired her to stock the store (brand new store), but they didn't tell her that they only hired her to stock it until after she started. Funny thing is, after her first day there she claimed some guy worked there that knew the deliquent boyfriend and the guy didn't like him so I honestly believe she quit due to that. She also got one other job while dating this guy, but got fired because she was "too sick" to work and called in too much.I'm not saying she wasn't sick and hasn't ever been sick, but my sister passed away 3 weeks after my son was born. She had been sick since October of last year. You know where she was the day before she died? She was at work. I can damn near guarantee she wasn't anywhere near as sick as my sister was. Hell, she goes to the ER for a runny nose. So I told her my reasons as to why I don't trust her with my son and now I am the bad guy. From day one of when me and my husband started dating she has done nothing but use him. She has been the main reason behind all of our arguments and I'm sorry, but I'm tired of just sitting back and watching her to that to him. He has never stood up to her for his own self and I hate to say this, but I highly doubt he would for his son. That means I am going to have to be the one to do it and of course, I'm always going to be the bad guy. That's my job as his mother..to look out for him. She doesn't understand why I can't forgive her and let her keep my son when all of this happened "2 years ago and 1 year ago" in her own words. She was dating the last guy I wrote about when I found out I was pregnant and everything went down with the whole daughter situation just at the beginning of this year. If you knew of someone who molested a child 10 years ago, would you feel comfortable leaving your child with them 10 years down the road? I'm sorry, but I wouldn't and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So I don't care if it was yesterday, a few months ago, or years ago. She made her own bed now she can lay in it. She had the audacity to tell me that I think I'm better than God because I am "judging" her and not forgiving her for her mistakes. Um, what?! She claims she's trying to trying to better herself and if she is, I'm glad. So far I see no improvement and until I do I do not trust her keeping my son. I know everyone makes mistakes. I've had my fair share of them. I'm not perfect and I don't claim to be. I'm not trying to take my husband away from his family or make him think bad of his mom, but like I said I'm just trying to look out for my son.

Sorry it's so long! I just had to get this out and hopefully get some opinions. Thanks for your time! :)
      [CENTER]Proud mommy and wife![/CENTER]
    • Re: Am I in the wrong?

OK I can't read all of this.

But, why does she keep your son? Why would anyone keep your son?

Is it keep as in raise, or keep as in day care? Because the latter would be OK, but the former... please don't say it's the former.

Either way, I think both grandmothers should get equal time with grandson.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]He holds me in his big arms
      Drunk and I am seeing stars
      This is all I think of
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]
    • Re: Am I in the wrong?

Ugh, wall of text... Better yet it's all bright red!
      You went to school, right? They taught you how to paragraph, correct?
      I'm not going to waste my time sitting here and hurting my brain and eyes when you can't even be bothered to paragraph it.

tl;dr?
      [CENTER]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Black"]When the city sleeps, I'm wide awake.
      You know what I see? High rises. Low lifes.
      Bright lights and back alleys.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]