Job orientation question.

• Job orientation question.

So my friend who worked at this grocery store said I should apply there since most of my friends work there.
      I went there with my friend and i was managed to talk to the manager and the hiring manager interviewed me on the spot.
      After that, the hiring manager told me to do this survey I need to pass, right after that, I did it and i came back and she told me I passed the survey.
      Next she said that, "alright, I will call you for the next step."
      I thought I would be hired but apparently there is a next step.
      My friend who works there told me it means its an orientation call.
      He said you are guaranteed going to get a job. At that point I was pretty excited. After few days, my friend said while hanging out, he said that manager does not know yet since she doesn't know which department to put me in as.
      At that point I began to act very paranoid and thinking of giving up hopes of getting that job..
      It already been a week and they haven't called me yet....
      I was bitching about this to my friend for a whole week and he said that it takes 1~2 weeks for them to call for an orientation since they hire 10~20 people at once.

Should I be worried and just give up with this job and think that the hiring manager won't call me?
    • Re: Job orientation question.

A lot of places that have a big staff and a high turnover rate will take a while before they call you into orientation. I'm sure they're just interviewing other applicants and then doing all the necessary paperwork. Since its a grocery store, it has a corporate office and a protocol to follow. It's just time consuming. Chances are, you have the job. If you go to orientation, you're basically taking a "tour" of the place and getting a rundown of how things are done and what you need to expect.
      Just be patient.
      It wouldn't hurt for you to fill out other applications and do interviews at other locations in the meantime if you're looking for a job immediately, but don't stress out over this. You'll get a phone call.
      [SIZE=3]New link: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://x3meggiex3.wordpress.com[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]Fan page: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]www.facebook.com/pigmentedgraffiti[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=3]@x3meggiex3 on twitter[/SIZE]